Chapter 17 - Houston, I Think We Have A Problem

I looked on as he passionately kissed her. He kissed her. I felt the anger build up inside of me as all I wanted to do was run over and punch his lights out. I nearly did. It felt like I had been cut open and torn all while I was still awake. I don’t know why I felt like that because it’s not like he was cheating on me; we weren’t even dating, I suppose it was just the fact that I was ready to declare my feelings for him, but he obviously didn’t have feelings for me. I took one last look while wiping the solitary tear running down my face before slowly strolling up the steps. ‘Maisie, over here!’ Nathan called. I put on a fake smile before turning to see him waving his arm frantically in the air. ‘Hey’ I mumbled sitting down beside him. ‘Where’s your lady companion?’ I asked. ‘Lady companion? Who?’ he asked. ‘The girl who you were just with’ I told him. ‘Oh her! She’s a big fan of the band, I was giving her an.. autograph’  he explained. ‘Okay cool’ I smiled trying to hide my hurt.

‘What would you like to drink?’ he asked breaking the five minutes of silence that we previously had. ‘Just a coke please’ I whispered shyly. ‘A coke- ca cola?’ he asked with a smile. ‘Yeah’ I mumbled before he ordered. Things were pretty awkward between us especially due to the fact that he kept winking and smiling at the woman sitting across the bar to us, the woman I made out to be the woman who checked us in earlier in the day and the same woman saw kissing Nathan. I sipped on my coke occasionally, playing with the straw in my glass whenever I got bored. Apart from flirting with her, he was too occupied with his phone to talk to me. ‘I’ll talk to you later Nathan. You go have fun with your girlfriend’ I mumbled picking up my bag before walking off in a huff. I ignored his calls to just keep walking on. He asked me out for a drink but felt that his new girlfriend was more important. How rude.

By the time I got back to my room, the mascara I had applied before the show earlier, was now running down my face. It was safe to say that I looked like a panda. I locked the door knowing that he would soon be up after me, before sliding down it. My phone rang immediately as the familiar tune of Lawson, Standing in The Dark echoed around the empty room. I checked the caller ID, already having an idea as to who it was that was called me. Just as I expected, Nathan. I presed the decline button, not in the mood to speak to him for obvious reasons. ‘Come on Mais, let me in!’ he shouted banging on the door. I held my tongue not wanting to let out a single squeak. ‘Fine, don’t let me in, but when you’re ready to talk please let me know. I really need to explain what happened’ he sighed.

For some strange reason I still believed that Nathan was still outside the door. If he had left I would have been able to hear his footsteps walking away but I didn’t. I didn’t hear anything else from Nathan but I needed to time to think and clear my head so I had to brave it. I opened the door just ajar to see Nathan sitting upright against the door on the opposite side of the corridor. His head was buried in his hands and his sobbing was quiet but when he heard the door open his head shot up and the crying stopped. ‘Thank you Maisie’ he whispered. I walked off down this hall this time I heard Nathan’s footsteps behind me. ‘Maisie wait!’ he called but I didn’t stop. I was in a bad mood. He continued running until he caught up with me. ‘Maisie’ he whispered laying his hand on my shoulder. ‘Don’t touch me Nathan. You lied to me and I won’t accept that’ I mumbled slapping his hand away. ‘Leave me alone’ I spat. He stopped dead on the spot as I continued walking down the hall.

‘Girls, girls, girls I just can't say no, Never see them coming I just watch them go, Girls, girls, girls I just can't say no, Never see them coming I just wa-wa-wa-wa-watch them go, Take control, making me, sweat girl run that show, It's them girls, girls, girls I just can't say no, Houston, I think we got a problem.’ I turned around as he continued singing Conor Maynard before moving swiftly onto JLS, ‘Cos you’re the only one I let in, Tell me how to stop this feeling spreading, I’m hoping somehow that you know ooh ooh, Let’s just get back together, We should’ve never broke up, They’re telling me
That my heart won’t beat again, We should've stayed together, Cos when you left me it stopped, They’re telling me, That my heart won’t beat again, Won’t beat again, Its killing me.’
I turned again and started walking as he commenced singing his own song, ‘But I know, I just gotta let it go, I, should've known, I gotta learn to say goodbye now, I throw my armour down, And leave the battleground, For the final time now, I, I know, I'm running from a warzone.’  He was crying as the lyrics poured from his mouth, causing me to tear up a little. I wanted to turn around and hug him, but I couldn’t. I needed to be by myself to think for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually have no idea why I added in those songs! It was a bit of a spontaneous moment I think! I know this isn't the best chapter but it is kind of like a fill in, but things will get interesting in the next chapter hopefully! I have a lot planned. I'm going to try to update again in the next few hours and I should but first I need to write up my English homework because I typed it up on Microsoft Word, but reminds me, I will be posting my version of Cinderella at some stage, possibly not tonight, but during the week so do watch out for that! Oh and check out Lawson's new single Standing in The Dark! It was written about Mollie King! and it's pretty epic! Let me know below if you want Maisie and Nathan to be together!

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :D xx