out of time

Too many people. 

There were too many damn people at this concert, and Ally didn't have time for it.

Where was Jack?

He had promised to be here, to sing Shallow with her, but alas, he hadn't shown up.

If this had been two months ago, she would have known where he probably was, but that was before rehab, before he had promised her that he would stop drinking and stop taking those damn pills.

"Jack!" 

The cry that escapes her doesn't sound like her own.

It sounds hoarse and hollow. And full of fear.

He had promised her he would be here.

But where was he?

Ally had felt like she had been shoving through this crowd of people backstage for what felt like ages, and she would have kept going if she hadn't run into someone's chest.

"Get the hell away from me-" 

She paused then, taking in the person's face. "Ramon?"

"Ally?"

She flings her arms around him almost instantly, the tears finally making themselves known.

"Hey, Ally, baby girl, what's up?" 

He's pushing her away from him now, not violently, just so much as to see her face.

She wipes her tears and sniffs. "It's Jack..."

Ramon's eyes widen as he picks up on her hints.

"He was supposed to be here," she blubbers on, "he promised me. And I can't find him anywhere."

Ally places her head in her hands and sobs. "I'm worried sick about him. I know that he's been clean for a little while but just the thought of him being out there alone, with that temptation..."

"Hey, hey," he tries to calm her. "I'll go find him. Where did you last see him?"

"No, Ramon, you don't have to do that-"

"Where?"

Ally hesitates for a moment, then sighs. 

"He was just at home. Last time I saw him, he was laying in bed."

Her friend hugs her briefly and then pulls away.

"I'll go get him," Ramon responds. "Now go finish your concert."

As he turns to leave, Ally grabs his arm.

"Please, Ramon," she chokes out. "He has to be okay."

-

i honestly wrote this chapter after writing the next chapter and then deciding we needed a little bit of ally being worried. poor bb :( she deserves better.

~ grace