look what i found

"Jackson?!"

Jack leaps up as Ally flings the door open and halts in the doorway for a moment, her silhouette illuminated by her car's headlights that she had forgotten to turn off.

The light bounces off her rhinestone jumpsuit like a disco ball and makes her orange hair look as if it's on fire.

She looks like a goddess.

"Jack-"

As soon as she makes eye contact with her husband in front of the couch, she starts running, running, right at him, and she's not stopping. Jack is afraid she's about to run right through him.

She pauses for a fraction of a second when she reaches him, but after seeing his tears, throws her arms around him.

"Thank God you're okay," Ally chokes out as he buries his face in her hair, breathing her in.

Why had he even thought of leaving this unreal human being behind on her own?

With a baby. A baby.

Jack pulls back then, placing his hands on either side of her face, looking into those beautiful green eyes, filled to the brim with tears.

"I know," he states simply, and she cocks her head in confusion.

Ramon takes this as his cue to leave and slips out, making sure to close the door (that Ally had left wide open) on his way out.

"You know...?" Ally prompts, settling her hands on Jack's, trying to get as close to him as she can.

A lone tear trails down his cheek, and she reaches out to swipe it away.

He grabs her hand and squeezes it gently as he picks up the pregnancy test off the coffee table.

"About the baby, Ally."

Her eyes widen then. She looks at the test as if it was a golden treasure, priceless and fragile, as if it might break. She quickly looks to her feet before burying her head in Jack's chest.

"I saw the test in the trash and I...shit, Ally, I fell on my ass." He chuckles. "Why didn't you tell me, baby?"

"I'm sorry," she says. Her voice is muffled by his shirt. "I just, panicked I guess. I didn't know if you would want-"

He stops her then by laying a hand on her cheek. "Ally, baby, of course I would want a baby with you. I've dreamed about it you know - a little kid running around here, rolling around the yard with Charlie..."

"Do you think I can do it?" Ally interrupts, meeting his gaze. The tears in her eyes are streaming down her face freely, and Jack can't help but inwardly chuckle.

Not at Ally, of course. But what was supposed to be waterproof mascara was definitely not living up to its namesake.

He then realizes what she's asking and presses his forehead to hers.

"I have no doubt in my mind," Jack responds, "that you are going to be the best mother in the whole wide world."

~

hi all! i hope you enjoyed this story as much as i did writing it! i adored this movie so much and jack deserved so much better than what happened. i hope this can give you som comfort :,) tysm for reading! i love you all and you are all amazing and valid and important!

- grace :)