twenty-two

❛❛𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶,
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘪 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 ❜❜

april 2, 2019
9:06AM

—————

"happy birthday, my love!"

it was daniel's birthday, and i decided to face time him. he's been so busy on tour that i haven't heard his voice since the time we went live together on instagram, which was three days ago.

daniel smiled at me, "thank you, gorgeous. how has your day been?" i missed his smile.

"shouldn't i be the one asking you that? it's your birthday," i chuckled, "but it's been pretty slow so far, how about you?"

"it's been good! i've gotten like, eight-hundred texts saying happy birthday and so many people have been calling me, too."

"well, look at you, mister popular!" i joked. daniel laughed and opened the door to a room. it looked like he was backstage at a venue and he just walked into his dressing room. he closed the door and sat down in a chair.

daniel sighed, "i miss you." i gave him a grin, "i miss you more."

"are you going to any summer shows?" he asked me.

"no, because you asses aren't coming anywhere near texas!" i frowned. daniel laughed, "hey, you know we don't get to choose where we go!"

"i know, but i just like blaming you for stuff. i cant believe it's going to be so long before we see each other again."

there was a brief silence that filled our rooms. daniel stared down at the fabric on his pants as the tension grew.

"so," daniel began, "what if—i mean, you don't have to say yes. it's just—i know it might be a while until we see each other again, so i just—well maybe, i don't know."

"damn it, daniel! just say it already!" i laughed as i grew impatient with the boy.

"what if i flew you out to the costa mesa show? a-and my family is going to that show, so you could meet them, too! but only if you want to, i know that this is like, a huge deal so it's okay if yo—"

"daniel, shut up," i smiled at him rambling on. he instantly stopped talking and i could see the fear in his eyes growing. god, i just wanted to kiss him right then and there.

"that sounds amazing," i smiled. "really?" he asked me with a huge smile growing on his face. i nodded, "yeah! and your family seems so lovely, i would love to meet them!"

i could see daniel jump up from the other side of the phone screen. "yes!" he screamed, "oh my god, i need to go call my mom. i'll text you all the details! okay, i love you bye!"

i laughed at his abruptness as he ended the call quickly.

wait a minute, did he just say "i love you" ?

my eyes widened and i threw my phone on my bed. daniel seavey, my boyfriend, just told me that he loves me. i doubt he meant it like that, though, because everything went by so fast and he probably didn't even realize he was saying it.

but do i love him? wait, no, i can't. we're in a fake relationship and he told me literally less than a week ago that he still has feelings for his ex-girlfriend. he can't fall in love with someone in five days.

i got up from my bed and walked out of my room. i walked downstairs and into the kitchen, and i found marshall seated in the living room watching tv.

"hey," i said as i entered the room. marshall glanced up at me, "hey."

i came up behind him and rested my arms against the back of the couch, "so, how are things with aryn," i asked my brother.

he shrugged, "it's going good, how are you and daniel?" i looked down at my feet, "could be better," i mumbled.

marshall turned his head around, "what? what do you mean? what happened? do i need to kick his ass?" i chuckled lightly, and i walked around the couch and sat down next to marshall.

"no, don't hurt him. it's just, he wants to fly me out to california to see him perform on his summer tour, but i don't even think we'll still be dating by the time that rolls around," i sighed, thinking about how much longer until kassidy would want daniel back.

"why would y'all not be dating?" marshall asked me. i froze, i forgot that no one knows that we aren't actually dating.

"um," i played with the hem of my sweatshirt. marshall studied my face very intensely.

"i know you're hiding something, mercy." he said. i looked up at him with fearful eyes, although i tried to be as calm as possible.

"you do? i mean, i'm not hiding anything."

"mercy," his voice warned me, "what are you not telling me?"

"i'm not keeping anything from you! what? no! why would you say that? i didn't do anything!" i rambled.

"mercy! what's going on between you and daniel? why would you guys not be dating in the next couple of months?" marshall asked me, his voice growing and his tone becoming more stern.

"do not have me bring aryn into this, because you and i both know that she will do whatever it takes to get whatever it is ou—"

"fine! fine, i'll tell you," i cut him off. my hands went and covered my face from frustration.

i rubbed my face with my hands and then brought them down to my lap. "i'll tell you, but you have to know this first," i mumbled.

"what?"

"we promised not to tell anyone, and that includes our families, our friends, his fans, everyone. we promised each other we wouldn't say a word about it. so please, marshall. what i'm about to tell you, do not tell anyone; not mom, not dad, definitely not aryn. this stays between us. don't let daniel know that you know, too. and please, don't get mad."

"w-why would i get mad at you? please, just tell me mercy. i'm here for you," marshall said to me with soft eyes.

i inhaled deeply, "god, please don't have this end up hurting me," i mumbled.

i looked up at marshall and my fearful eyes caught his worried ones.

"daniel and i are in a fake relationship, it's all fake."

—————

i'm so sorry for the long wait 🥺
i just saw why don't we two days ago with my best friend and omg i'm so happy i love them so much

published: 8.18.19 8:12pm
edited: —————