005 ― New York Battle

2012 New York
"Did I ever tell you that you're really sexy when you talk like a soldier?"

"We gotta get back up there."

Steve Rogers said to Natasha, Nikita, Katherine, and Clint, who had been broken from Loki's mind control, once they had a rough landing in New York. Still, when the sky opened up, and more of Loki's army came crashing down, along with a centipede-looking ship, at least to Katherine, that's what it looked like, which contained more of Loki's soldiers. They knew getting to Stark Towers was the least of their worries.

The five went to hide behind a taxi. "We got civilians trapped," Katherine said. People were trying to get out of the way of the commotion, but there was nowhere to go. Natasha and Clint held off Loki's army as Steve and Katherine made their way towards Stark Towers, but they overheard cops talking and stopped on top of a car.

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside, and they could be running right into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve said.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The police officer asked. Then there was an explosion as three of the robots on Loki's side came to attack. Steve put his shield to work, fending off their attacks while Katherine was able to steal one of their weapons off of them to use against them to kill, or dismember? Since they're robots, she wasn't sure of the correct terminology to use.

Once they took care of that, the officers did what they asked, and they made their way back to where Natasha and Clint were, soon to be met by Thor. "What's it like up in the tower?" Katherine asked when he stood up beside her.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor said.

"Thor's right. You need to focus on these guys." Tony Stark's voice came over their coms.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

"As a team. I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said.

"Yeah, get in line," Clint said sarcastically.

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need, or things could get wild. We have Stark up top; he's gonna need us to. .-" The sound of an engine cut Steve off; when everyone turned around, it was Doctor Banner riding up on a motorcycle. Someone the group definitely didn't expect to see today. In Katherine's mind, she thought that it looked like the Hulk is ready to play.

"So. . this all seems horrible." He said as the group approached him.

"I've seen worse." Katherine and Natasha both said simultaneously before looking at each other and then quickly looking away. Natasha's life as a spy/assassin and Katherine's life as an assassin hasn't been an easy road.

"I'm sorry." Banner said to both of them.

"No, we could use a little worse," Natasha said to him; Katherine noticed the look in her eyes as she spoke. She and Nikita shared the same look. Was Natasha flirting with Bruce?

"Stark, we got him," Steve said into his coms.

"Banner?" Tony asked back.

"Just like you said," Steve said.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony said. Katherine knew what that meant when she heard it. The real battle was about to go down, and it was going down now.

First Katherine noticed Tony flying through the air in his iron man suit, then she once again saw the weird UFO that came from the sky earlier right behind Tony, and she didn't know what it was or how they were even going to take it down, but she knew they had to try.