011 ― Escape [1]

2013 Miami, Florida
"Merry Christmas, Kat. I know how much you love guns."

"Told you!"

When the hand of his Iron Man suit came flying through the window, Tony Stark exclaimed, with Steve's shield in its hand, after many attempts of him trying to scare the people that were watching him and Katherine. Tony got the both of them free, and Katherine noticed the shield on the ground; and as Tony took out one of the guards, Katherine grabbed the shield before joining the fight, and she watched as pieces of Tony's suit came flying through.

She used the shield to block gunshots, as she and Tony took out all the men that came at them, and once they had taken them all out, the rest of Tony's suit found its way onto him. "Hm, better late than never," Tony said.

"Not this time, not the face," Tony said as they stepped outside, and he caught his face mask in his hands before putting it over his face, completing his suit. "Phew! It's good to be back. Hello, by the way." Tony said.

"Ahh, let's go," Tony said, trying to fly, but all of his circuits shorted out, and Katherine laughed.

"Looks like you're stuck on the ground with me." She said.

"You can't see it, but I'm rolling my eyes." He said.

"I didn't need to see your face to know that you did it." She said, laughing more. As they continued to walk through the compound, Tony got a call from Rhodey, and they were going to meet at the main house where the Mandarin was.

"What's this? I had winners." Tony said as he and Katherine walked inside of the house. Shots were immediately fired at them, and of course, bullets couldn't penetrate Tony's suit or Steve's shield, and Rhodey came through the window firing shots at the men as well.

"What have you come as?" The Mandarin asked them as they approached him in his chair. Rhodey walked up and put his foot on his chair while pointing his gun in his face.

"You make a move, and I break your face," Rhodey said.

"I never thought people had been hurt. They lied to me." He said, and Rhodey looked back at Katherine and Tony in disbelief.

"This is the Mandarin?" He asked.

"Yeah, we know. . it's. . it's embarrassing actually," Katherine said, nodding her head.

"Hi, Trevor. Trevor Slattery." He said, holding his hand out for Rhodey to shake, but Rhodey only slapped it away. "I know, I'm shorter in person. A bit smaller, everyone says that. But, um, hey... if you're here to arrest me, there are some people I'd like to roll on...-" Tony cut him off.

"...-Here's how it works, Meryl Streep. You tell him where Pepper is, and he'll stop doing it," Tony said.

"Doing what?" Trevor asked, and Rhodey put his gun to his face, and Katherine heard a sizzling noise. "Ow, oh! Okay, I get it! I get it! I don't know about any Pepper, but I know about the plan." He exclaimed as Rhodey pulled his gun back.

"Spill, now," Katherine said.

"You know what they did to my suit?" Rhodey asked.

"What? No. But I do know it's happening off the coast. Something to do with a big boat. I can take you there." He said, and Rhodey looked at Tony and Katherine before Trevor started yelling. "Whoa! Ole, ole, ole, ole..." They turned around to see he was watching a soccer game.

"Tony, Katherine... I swear to god, I'm going to blow his face-off," Rhodey said.

"Oh, and this next bit may include the vice president as well. Is that. . is that important?" He asked.

"Somewhat. Yeah, a little bit." Tony said, then he looked at Rhodey and gestured for him to come over to the three of them so they could come up with a plan. "So?" Tony asked.

"What are we gonna do?" Rhodey asked.

"I mean, we don't have any transport. Tony's suit can't fly, you don't have your suit, and I can't fly." Katherine said, shrugging her shoulders. Then they turned around to look back at Trevor, who had opened another beer.

"Hey, Ringo. Didn't you say something about a lovely speedboat?"

"So, are you, Captain America, now?" Rhodey asked Katherine as they were still on the boat, making their way to Pepper. Katherine looked up, and she started to laugh while rolling her eyes.

"No, but Steve was more prepared than I was. I left all my weapons at home, except one gun, and he told me to bring his shield just in case anything happened, and thank god he did because I didn't think any of this was going to happen. I thought I was coming to help Tony get over his PTSD." She said.

"Yeah, if I would've known all of this was going to happen after I called you, I probably wouldn't have called you." Rhodey shook his head.

"No, I'm glad you did. I'm just glad Steve is always one step ahead, whereas I play it by ear. It has been fun fighting with the shield, though. He might not get it back." She said, and they both laughed.

"I don't. . I don't think you can do that." He said, and she laughed a little as they came to the location that Trevor gave them. Tony approached the two of them, and he had two guns in his hands, and Katherine looked up.

"Please tell me those are for me?" Katherine asked, and Tony nodded his head, handing them over.

"Merry Christmas, Kat. I know how much you love guns." He said, which made her laugh, as she tucked one between her shirt and jeans on her back and held the other one in her hand while strapping Steve's shield onto her other arm.

"Let's go get Pepper."

I am for certain there will be two more chapters. Next chapter, they get Pepper back. Chapter after that will be a special chapter, although you might hate me for it.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.