16

heyyy baes, i just moved to a new state and i don't have wifi soo like i'm updating cuz i miss u so HERES MY LONGEST CHAPTER ❤️

maisie ミ★

i quickly get out of bed, i know for a fact that if anything i need to do, is i need to not isolate myself. i haven't talked to joey in almost two weeks, i've only come out of my room to eat, but only when he's not here.

i listen to the sound of the front door slamming, my body jolting with the feeling of the house shaking. "maisie!" joey shouts, i can feel the tension rising. it feels like i haven't spoken in years, mainly because i haven't said a word not even to myself. i hear the slams from joeys fists on the door, banging harshly while i stay frozen.

his words are slurred.

"mais." he cries out, i could almost feel myself shaking. how dare i open myself up to someone i live with, someone i never even wanted to in the first place.

my door slams open, cascading into the walls to make them vibrate just enough that my pictures fall. "great joey another fucking thing you've ruined." i growl as joey states at me, looking as if he'd witnessed an alien. "m,maisie." he mumbled while he steps closer, taking my hands into his and intertwining our fingers.

and for a second, i felt something.
turns out i was just empty.

i yank my hands from his, placing my hands onto his chest to push him away. "what the fuck is wrong with you?" joey questions as he glares at me, i could easily smell the bitterness of the alcohol.

his eyes narrowed as he stared at me, "you're mad, aren't you." he mumbled as he stepped back, flopping onto the bed. i sighed. "you would think if i walked in on you and another girl in bed i'd be okay with that?" i snap.

joey freezes, no words, no movement. nothing.
"y-you walked in.. on that." he whispered while staring at the ground. "what the fuck do you think happened? i just went m.i.a on you because i felt like it?" i try and find the right words, my eyes swelling with tears while i stared at him.

"n- no. i knew something was wrong.. i just didn't know what it was." joey said with the slight tone of guilt. his hand reached out for mine, grabbing my fingers and rubbing the pad of his thumb on them. "i'm sorry, i'm so fucking sorry." he slowly looked up at me with those big puppy dog eyes.

i didn't have control of what happened next.

in the blink of an eye i felt the sting in my palm as i watched joey flinch, holding his left cheek with the hand he had held once before. "i get you're mad mais, but please i can make this up to you." he gulped, he just kept his eyes on me.

"no, joey i cant with you, with this." i began crying, i couldn't control it anymore. i was trying so hard to be strong in-front of a person who just stomped all over my heart like a welcome mat. of course, i was going to cry.

he cupped my cheeks, wiping my tears away with his thumbs as he gazed into my eyes. "i'm so fucking sorry, i know i'm pathetic for what i did and i know, i know i hurt you mais.. i really didn't mean it. she means nothing to me and if i'm being honest.. i'm inlove with you." he whispered.

"what if you're lying, what if the whole time you've just been hooking up with her while i'm in here moping around and being this mess you created, hm?" i say, pulling away from him.

"maisie i swear to god i would nev-"

"but you did."

THIS WAS SHORT BUT I HAVE SO MANY GOOD THINGS COMING IM WORKING ON A NEW BOOK CALLED PAPER TOWNS :)))))