Chapter 4

Fake Smiles Can't Mend Broken Hearts

---- Present Time ----

“Hey Lance you okay?” Jessel asked in a worried voice.

“Yeah!  Of course why wouldn’t I be” I said with a smile.

“You were just staring off into space while I was talking.” Jessel said.

“Yeah, I was just thinking about....school work,” I said not knowing what else to say.

“Uh, well I’m gonna head out.  Mariah's probably waiting for me with her motorcycle.  she is gonna be mad if I take to long!” I said, with that I bidded Jessel a goodbye and started running down the halls not wanting to make Mariah wait.  As I ran down I heard someone yell my name, I turn around to see Tylar.

“Hey Tylar!” I shouted as I started walking slower for her to catch up.

“Sooooo, I was- or need to ask you a favor.  It’s nothing that big I just can’t do it myself and-” Tylar began rambling so I cut her off.

“What’s the favor?” I asked in a straight voice wanting her to get to the point.

“Well I need you to be my guinea pig for a science project I’m working on.” Tylar said getting more serious with every word.

“Of course, you’re my best friend!  I would do anything for you.” I replied with a bright smile.

“You’re weird Jessel or Sydney wouldn’t even let me do a experiment on them.  But I guess that’s just who you are, anyways the experiment is having to make a transportation device out of garbage.  I am thinking of making a skateboard.” Tylar said going into every detail making sure I understand what I’m getting myself in to.

“Blah, Blah, Blah. I know all that stuff, so I get to like test out the skateboard” as I said that Tylar gave a nod.

“Cool!  Text me about it more I have to go meet Mariah!” I shouted as I began running down the stairs to the front of the school.

When I walked outside the first thing I noticed was Mariah and her motorcycle causing a racket.  She soon noticed me once I got close enough and grabbed my helmet and chucked it towards me. I barely managed to catch it, I put it on and hopped in the back of Mariah.  Mariah sped off taking us to our apartment which was only a couple of blocks away. Once we got home I got off Mariah’s motorcycle and put my helmet on the back. Just as I was about to walk up to our apartment Mariah pulled me in and said,

“I’m not gonna be home till later tonight, next time I’m meeting with Ikaika you’re coming with me.  You guys would be a good couple.” As Mariah got out the last part she pulled away and drove off, leaving a frozen flustered me.

I stayed there for a little while watching Mariah drive off, then I turned around and walked up the stairs to the second floor room B15.  Once got in I walked straight to my bedroom threw my bag on the ground and flopped backwards onto my bed.

Mariah pictures me with her brother “Ikaika”?

I’ve had too much trouble with past relationships.

She knows that I have bad luck with love.

I shouldn’t be in this world with such kind people.

People that have good luck with love.

I might curse them with my bad luck.

When did I ever really belong in this world?

I just wish I could die right now.

We have finals, it’s just too much!