Chapter 17: Apples' Revenge

Everybody was in Studio A two days later as Vivi was in tap class like usual.

"Fantastic job." Spencer told the girls as everyone applauded. "You were the overall high score winners of Starbound once again and we're on a winning streak and we want to keep it that way."

"You bet, Spence. We definitely want to keep this winning streak going" Abby agreed. "Now those Judges know who the Abby Lee Dance Company is."

"All right, on to the pyramid and before we get started, Kendall, you were brought in as a guest despite you helping the team get first place and you are still a guest at my mom's studio, the Abby Lee Dance Company." Spencer said to Kendall, who nodded as Jill looked on, then Spencer revealed the first pyramid photo, which is Brooke's photo. "First is Brooke, it was a rough week, you had an injury and we could see the pain on your face from the start and you're on the bottom because you didn't speak up and say anything."

"Next is Paige." Abby revealed Paige's headshot. "There is not a lot to judge you on because you're injured. We wanted you to work on your terminology and warm up with us, but you didn't show up."

"Next, Mackenzie." Spencer revealed Mackenzie's photo. "You did a solo and we thought you did a good job and we thought it was great, but that little meltdown you had and getting second, yeah, we're disappointed that about that, but you can't be having that, you have to be stronger than that. You're eight now and in the iconic words of my mother, Save Your Tears For The Pillow. Get the memo?"

Mackenzie nodded.

"Next on the pyramid, Maddie." Abby revealed the headshot of Maddie. "You're wondering why you are there, despite you being the overall high score winner, It doesn't matter. You have to have higher goals."

"Next we have Chloe." Spencer showed the headshot of Chloe. "You were outstanding in the group and you were ok in the duet, but you've gotta be intense, have that intensity that you have with the solo and bring it to the group and duet/trios and every number that you are in."

Chloe nodded, she knew that since she and her mother found common ground with Abby and her son, that was a start and she wanted to keep it that way and instead of Christi making a mad face, she was understanding as well.

"And on top of the pyramid is Nia!" Abby announced as she revealed Nia's headshot at the top of the pyramid as the girls all hugged her and Holly smiled. "Nia, you're at the top and we're so proud of you, you rocked it with your solo and the advice my son gave you paid off."

"Now let's talk about the upcoming competition, we'll be going to Starbound in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina." Spencer told the girls, who all cheered and clapped and the moms did the same thing. "Assignment time, Kendall is gonna do a duet with Mackenzie, Chloe will be doing a solo, Maddie, no solo this week, but you'll be in the group dance with everybody except for Mackenzie. Moms, you can head out and girls, warm up."

The moms headed upstairs and the girls were all warming up, then they started rehearsals on the group dance.

"Did you have a good time at Medieval Times?" Holly asked Melissa and Christi.

"We sure did." Christi answered.

"Our knight won. We were in the red and yellow section." Melissa answered.

"That's good to know, the last time i went to Medieval Times, our knight, which was the red knight lost to the black and white knight." Kelly told them.

"I'm somewhat worried because Abby and her son are after a clean sweep." Holly stated.

"They got this, they know what they're doing and even though Chloe is the only soloist this week, i'm confident that she can do it." Christi assured.