The Old Love

~~~Natsu's POV ~~~

"Ahhh!" "I'm up, I'm up!"

Jeez. That Lisanna can be really annoying sometimes.

"Aww. Natsu, today's a special day though! You need to hurry! I think our baby's going to hatch soon!"

*groan* "Lisanna... you said that yesterday..."

~~~Normal pov~~~

Lisanna faltered, but only for a minute.

She started jumping up and down on top of Natsu.

"I know! But today I'm sure of it! Please Natsu!!"

Natsu sighed.

"Alright, alright. I'll get up..."

He struggled to push himself up and swung his legs over the edge of his bed.

"Yay!" An excited Lisanna hugged Natsu, making his face turn cherry-red.

"L-Lisanna... let-t g-g-go. I - I can't- br-breathe. .."

"Sorry." Lisanna released the salmon - haired boy and twirled around, prepared to leave his house.

"I'll see you at the guild then!" She said with a cheery wave.

"O-okay..." Natsu managed to get out while struggling for air.

*~~~At the guild~~~*

"Natsu!!"

Lisanna ran up to her friend and dragged him to where she was sitting. The entire guild was gathered around one object, even Laxus, who pretended not to be interested but still scooted closer after someone stepped in front of him.

The blue - and - white egg was between them and a crack had appeared.

"Wow!" Natsu exclaimed.

Everyone shushed him and held their breaths, waiting for the dragon to hatch.

Suddenly, a blue head popped out... And out came a little blue and white flying cat!

*~~~Flash Forward~~~*

"Natsu!"

It was Lisanna, carrying Happy and running towards him.

"Can I come with you?" The cat asked him.

Natsu had originally planned on going on this mission alone, but still replied with a

"Alright then.."

"Aye!" Came Happy's reply.

Natsu turned around and began walking towards his train with the flying creature in tow.

"Wait!" It was Lisanna.

Exasperated, Natsu turned around. "What Lisanna?"

"Um.. Can I talk to you in private for a moment?"

The Dragon slayer glanced up at the clock. They had 10 minutes until their train departed.

"Uh-- sure. What is it?" He said while scratching his head.

The white haired girl looked up at him with, surprisingly, tears in her eyes.

"Natsu... Please don't die."

The flame eater laughed. "You don't have to worry about me Lisanna!" He slapped his hands together. "I'm all fired up!"

Lisanna glanced away from him. "You don't understand. I-I-I" With each stutter, the girl got quieter and quieter.

Natsu finally turned to look at his friend, bending down so he was face to face with her.

"Lisanna?"

A voice suddenly came blaring down at them from the speaker above: "The Train departing for East Side Magnolia is leaving in 1 minute."

"Oh no! That's our train! Let's go Happy!"

"Aye sir!"

Natsu called over his shoulder, "Tell me when we get back Lisanna!"

The Strauss sibling waved a hand at the dragon slayer's retreating form half heartedly.

"You don't understand, Natsu..." She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I- I love you."