A New Flame

A//N: Uh.. Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in forever, but here's the new chapter. Great title, right? lol.Btw, you can skip the bolded sections in the middle of the chapters; they're just there to tell you about the time skips... 

*Quick Chapter Info: FROM HERE ON OUT, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS. ~ And.. It's a time skip to the graveyard scene with a 'dead' Lisanna.*

~~~That day... When she had been so bold as to mention marriage to Natsu and watched his face go red, she had laughed with genuine joy, and promised herself to be bolder...~~~

But that day never came. 

Natsu knelt before the piece of stone that represented his childhood friend, listening to the sobs of Mirajane and Elfman. What did I do to deserve this? Why did she have to die? He couldn't understand, so he blamed it on himself, staying away from everyone for weeks at a time. Sometimes he couldn't even stand Happy, who only worsened the pain of reality and reminded him more that Lisanna was truly and utterly gone~

*Time Skip to after Lucy is introduced*

Laughter. Smiles. Lucy.

For the first time, Natsu finally felt genuinely happy again. He had a great team, a fearsome reputation, and was in good relations with everyone. Especially Lucy. 

Some would even say, including the staff at Sorceror's Weekly and Mirajane, that Natsu and Lucy had an especially good relationship. 

Sure, Natsu had saved her a couple times, fought rulers of lands for her, and almost died for her, but that didn't mean that the hothead really loved her, did it?

Both the salmon-haired boy and the brunette had considered this question in their minds before, but unbeknownst to them, the uncertainty that they answered with was soon to be their demise..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short preview of the next chapter...

*Time Skip to when Lisanna comes back* 

Lisanna landed with a soft thud on the warm ground. She could feel the familiar earth swelling with magic around her. It felt different from the coldness of Edolas, even though it was winter here. 

Tears streamed down her cheeks as old memories came flooding back. Natsu and Happy fishing together, Natsu and her playing House together, Natsu and her... The transformation mage thought of all the things that she could now do again, and bright emotions lit up her face. But dark questions lurked in her mind as well... What if Fairy Tail was no longer a guild? What if oni- and onee-chan didn't survive? What if Natsu had forgotten about her? The list went on and on..

But suddenly, the Strauss sibling remembered what she was going to do before the Anima threw her into another demension, and the determination made her get up and find a certain someone..

Auther's Note: Well, the next chapter will start to be more funny and really pick up with their relationships. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoyed, and until next chapter!