Chapter 21 - A Taste of Death

The man quickly jumped, landing back onto the tree he was once sat on. He pulled out a pair of daggers, and then charged at me once more.

I quickly rose my shield to block his attack, which was a successful effort. The attack bounced back, knocking him off balance. I have to counterattack.

"Hyaaah!" I swung my sword across my body, but from the recoil of the shield, he bent back avoiding my swipe, now in a backbend, avoiding my strike.

He shot himself back up, now back on the offensive, he jumped and tried to slice my back again, however, I was prepared. I quickly pivot, blocking the attack. From the jump, he slid back a bit, now in a crouching position.

"Mmmh... this isn't working." He said.

"What?" I reply.

Instead of darting straight towards me, he started to run off somewhere. Did he try to flee? No. Then, he popped out of the shadows from the forest, striking me in the arm.

"Aaah!"

Then, again. And again. And again.

"Aaaah! Grrgh!" I cry, trying to bear the pain. Blood was everywhere. There's no way I can fight like this.

I have to block his attack. I need to. Where is he going to strike? Again, a slice, this time at my other arm.

"Aah!"

I try to block. Pulling my shield close to my body, I prepare for his next attack, covering my chest. However, he again attacks. At my legs. My body can barely hold me up. I have to get back to camp. There's no way I can beat this guy!

I try, and I try. My body is moving so slow... I have to make it... I have to get help...

"Going somewhere?" The attacker asks, then he sweeps my legs, making me fall to the ground once more. When I hit the ground, I gasp for breath. The shock was immense. My body has completely given up.

"Now. That was supposed to be hard. You really think you have enough power?"

What?

"What a disappointment. Time to die."

No.

No.

NO

NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I'm going to die... this is what it feels like? This powerful, pure dread? This is what it feels like? No. I can't... I can't die...

Not yet...

Not yet...

The dagger is raised above my head. He slowly lifts it up, then as soon as he tries to stab me...

"Aaaaah!" He cries in pain, dropping the dagger.

This is my chance. I have to escape... NOW. Dragging my body, I try to get back to camp. I have to. I NEED TO.

"No you don- Aaah!" Another cry. Looking over, two arrows are sticking out of his body. Someone came to help me! Thank the lord!

"Get away from him!" I hear someone yell. That voice...

"HYAAAAAAH!" He yelled, swinging his axe down, slicing at the man.

"Mitchell..." I say weakly.

"Lily, Amelia! Hurry!" He yells. Then out of the corner of my eyes, I see the girls run towards my aching body.

"Ryan! Ryan!" Lily yells, tears in her eyes.

"Lily...Amelia..."

"Don't worry! Let's do this! Energin Minila!" Amelia says.