Chapter 24 - Merchant Madness

The sun has risen. Our missions have been set and we began our endeavors. After leaving the three going to go gather food, Jacob, Lily, and I began searching for a nearby pond. Since we were in the middle of the forest, there is definitely bound to be one somewhere. We searched for one and lo and behold, there it is. A pond, right there.

"Alright, there it is." Jacob said. "Let's look around here to see if we can find any Jillis. If you can, I need you to kill them and scoop up the jelly left behind. When you have filled all of the bottles, come back to me. Then we can start a fire and start making them. Each of you have six bottles correct?"

"That's right." I respond.

Combined with Amelia and Mitchell's, we can make a max of thirty. That means each of you have fifteen bottles."

"Fifteen? Why aren't you helping?" I ask.

"I'm going out to collect bugs and plants. They are the source of the material, and we can't just have Jilli Jelly to make a potion."

"Thirty sounds like a lot to make though. You sure you need all of them to be filled?" Lily asks.

"Definitely. I wasn't planning on selling all of them. Some can be used for our journey. It's never bad to have too many healing items."

"True. True." Lily responds nodding.

"Good. Now then, let us begin our gathering, shall we? Jillis are probably the easiest monster to kill, you shouldn't have any problems."

"Consider it done. We'll get the jelly for you sir." Lily said saluting, then giggling a little afterward.

"Hehe. I'll head out. Report back to the camp when you are done."

"Got it. See ya later!" Lily waved goodbye, and I followed suit. Jacob waved back, and then Lily looked over to me.

"It's just us again. But this time it's completely different. We are literally inside a video game world, but it's so real. How long do you think we've been in this world so far?" Lily asks.

"I don't know, maybe days, weeks. Time goes by so fast. I don't even know what day of the week it is." I respond.

"I don't either, and you have an outfit that's actually fit for this world. I'm still stuck in the stuff I had on Earth! Wait, do you still have your old outfit?"

"I do. I keep it as a memento of Earth. I wonder how everyone over there is reacting to us gone..."

"I don't know. Mom is worried sick I'm sure. Daniel is for sure worried, and Emma. Oh god, Emma is going to freak out. It's nice to have all of them... but Dad... Dad probably doesn't even care..."

Why is she bringing up Dad? That deadbeat definitely didn't care about us. But Lily... she looks so torn up...

I place my hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, listen to me. Listen to me Lily. Dad was not a nice person, he only cared about his job. He didn't care about us. Don't worry about him. I don't think about him, neither should you. Don't worry yourself over nothing. Think of those who do care about us. Let's use it as fuel to get back home."

"Y-you're right. I'm sorry. I was acting dumb. Come on. We don't need to be thinking about this. Let's get the jelly and meet with the others. We can't keep them waiting long."

"Right, shall we begin our hunt for the great jelly?!" I say boasting my voice, making it sound like a great quest.

"We shall! Now, let us commence!" Lily responded.

We began to look around, trying to find those gelatinous monsters. Jacob said they were going to be found around here. So why can't I find any? Come on... the RNG is not in my favor today. Wait. Is it ever?