2*

Jimin was in the living room, watching Spongebob and coloring in his 'under the sea' themed coloring book.

Namjoon was out getting supplies so they could make his birthday cake. Today was his eleventh birthday!

Their tradition was making their own cake at home. Jimin would get to decorate one half of the cake and Namjoon would do the other. This time around, Jimin chose a lemon pound cake.

Speaking of the devil, Namjoon comes through the door with two grocery bags. "Daddy!" Jimin hurriedly closes the cap to his blue marker and runs over to him after he closed the door.

"Hey baby, I got the stuff." Namjoon moves towards the kitchen and Jimin follows, just like a little duckling. He sets the bags on the kitchen island. Jimin smiled, he was excited to be able to cook with Daddy.

"Can we start making it now?" Namjoon looked over to the time and hummed. It was 2:30 pm. By the time they finish, it should be cooled down enough by after dinner time.

"Sure, just wash your hands first. With soap." Namjoon points in a joking manner and pulls a lemon pound cake recipe from their baking binder.

Jimin complies, going to the kitchen sink and rubbing some organic lavender soap across his chubby hands... Four, five, six.. He counted to thirty and washes off his bubbly hands.

He turns off the tap and skips back to Namjoon, awaiting for the next step. "Now ingredients," Namjoon hums.

He scans it over, "three sticks of butter." Wow that's a lot, he bit his lip in thought. It was very unhealthy but it was his boy's birthday. So he decided not to say anything.

"Got it!" Jimin opens the silver fridge, opening both of the doors. "While you're there, we can get all of the refrigerated items."

Namjoon's lists off the items: butter, cream cheese, eggs, and lemon juice. Jimin juggled all the ingredients in his arms, careful not to drop them.

"Oh, and Jiminie, please get the salt." Jimin had no hands available, having an internal battle on what to do. He wasn't one to take two trips, instead opting to hold the salt shaker with his mouth.

Namjoon didn't notice that, busy reading the recipe. He turned around to preheat the oven to three hundred-twenty-five degrees.

He also prepares the bundt pan, coating it with butter and lightly flowering it. Satisfied with his work, he goes back to the counter.

Jimin let out a groan as he dumped all the items onto the table. He made a face, taking the salt out from between his teeth.

Some of the salt residue got on his tongue which made him grimace. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and shuttered.

Namjoon takes out lemons, regular sugar, flour, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract from the grocery bags. "You ready to bake, Jiminie?"

Forgetting about the gross taste, he jumps up and down excitedly, "yes!"

"First we have to cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until it's fluffy. Are you up for that challenge?"

Jimin nodded, taking the round bowl and whisk. Namjoon helps him measure out the number needed for each ingredient and pour it into the bowl.

Jimin struggled with mixing all of it, especially the clumps stuck on the sides and bottom of the bowl. His expression looked like he was trying to open a pickle jar.

On top of that, Jimin kept on spilling the mixture outside of the bowl because his wrist would jerk after attempting to stir it.

Namjoon had to eventually step in. Jimin watched Namjoon, fingers swirling the fallen flour that was spread out on the table. It mostly stuck to his fingers.