•1
_____________

Seulgi woke up from her deep sleep, turning her body to the right side finding a digital clock that was long placed on her night stand. She hesitantly checked the time, afraid that she's going to be late for training before realizing she roused just on time. "7:59.." Seulgi heaved a sigh in relief but yet having the feeling of frustration gnarled in her heart. She stretched her entire body and discerned somewhat a square object with round corners on her fingertip, knowing it's her phone and placed it on her night stand.

"Kang Seulgi! Get ready." Her sister's sudden deafening voice broke the cold silence in the morning. It's just the usual alarm every morning that never pleased anyone in the house. She breathed out another small sigh before having her eyes placed on the calendar. "10 days until holidays.." she groaned out of annoyance.

Her morning was just another day of yesterday and unsurprisingly tomorrow. "February 10th.." she looked at the hanged calendar on her wall. The pink calendar which was decorated full with Girls Generations stickers, leaving only the date and month spaces. The amount of stickers already shows how much she loves and cherishes the group as a fan.

Although Seulgi is a trainee under the same agency as the group but the only chance to see them are on special occasions such as on SMTown anniversary or any event that are related to SM where everyone would meet up.

"10th? Hold up. It's my birthday!"

•••

"Is he really a trainee? No way"

"He's too good to be one!"

Seulgi entered the studio, greeted with a bunch of trainees gossiping. The fact that it's her birthday and was completely oblivious to everyone was just too disappointing. Seulgi was considered one of the trainee that was envied by everyone. Her incredibility always put people in an awe for her amazing dancing and vocal skills. However with her talent, it was really difficult to successfully achieve to where she is currently now. It's always hard for someone who joined without skills, and considered to be lucky for being in the entertainment at first; but in the end her hard work paid off and recently got the opportunity to be a part of the SM Rookies

"Kang Seulgi! Over here." The motherly voice was heard from her right side, finding it was one of her friend, Joohyun. The loving look from her always boasted up her confidence. "Brought this for you. Red velvet!" She showed a red velvet cake with the candle shaping the words 'Happy Birthday!' on top of it.

"You know that I'm traumatised with fire right." Joohyun looked at Seulgi who was having her eyes over the place.

"Is something concerning you?" Joohyun spoke up as of reading her mind. She was often called 'scary' or 'creepy' by others for being able to read someone's mind, but the hype soon died down few years later.

"What are they on about?" Seulgi quirked her eyebrows.

"Just about another new trainee that joined. Some of the girls trainees excluding me would probably go crazy over him."

Seulgi gave a little nod, signalling she understood "Anyways I heard that he was pretty rude to the seniors too. When you came in here, you must've heard them either talking about his appearance or his attitude here."

"Is he that rude?"

"I'm not really sure. I saw him talking back to the trainer yesterday. Aren't you curious about how handsome he is though?" Joohyun gave Seulgi a little nudge who was sitting across from her. Seulgi gave a disbelief look to her friend's act and with both of them being clueless about the class already started, they rushed to join the others.