Birthday

*1st of Feb, present day.*

*Harry's POV*

I am sound asleep in my bed and then I hear my phone go off. I groan and roll over to reach for my phone knocking over my lamp in the process. I pick up my phone and look at the screen, my eyes still adjusting to the light. When I can see clearly I first look at the time. 12:01 am my screen reads of course cas would messages me this early. Its my birthday!

From: spaz of a friend x (Cassidy)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU SPUD! Had to be the first to wish it to you just like every year!! Hope you get spoilt heaps and hope you enjoy my birthday present! Love you heaps xx

I smile at the text 'love you heaps' I read in my head over and over again. If only she knew how much I wished that the love she has for me was the love I have for her.

*Cassidy's POV*

12:01am! yes time to send him the text.

To: Spud face

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU SPUD! Had to be the first to wish it to you just like every year!! Hope you get spoilt heaps and hope you enjoy my birthday present!

I stopped writing. Should I say I love him? He should know i'm joking. oh well we'll see

To: Spud face

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU SPUD! Had to be the first to wish it to you just like every year!! Hope you get spoilt heaps and hope you enjoy my birthday present! Love you heaps xx

within only a few seconds my phone buzzed

From: Spud face

Haha thanks spaz. I will get spoilt I have you as a best friend. I like waking up to your texts xx

I smile and quickly reply

To: Spud face

I had to do it. sleep tight buggalugs x

I hit send and rolled over and fell asleep.

*9 hours later*

There was knock on the door. I put down my bowl of ceral and walk to the front door. I open it and no one was there. stepping forward to see anyone I nearly scream when I feel hands cover my eyes. I suddenly smell honey coconut suddenly realising who it is. Because of this, I thought i'd play my part. I start to cry and shake 'P-please, don't hurt me. take whatever you want. my purse is on the kitchen bench.' I smile to myself when he lets go and spins me around 'sh-sh its just me. i'm so sorry I didn't mean to frighten you.' I saw the worried look on his face and started laughing. He gave me a confused look.

'Iknow it was you spud face, I could smell you hair wax.' his jaw dropped and he scoffed then watched me walk past him and into the house.

He ran past me and jumped on the couch grabbing the tv remote on his way 'so, what'd you get me?' He looks up at me a smiled.

I shrug my shoulders 'Nothing.' I say turning on my heel and walking to the kitchen. I heard him get off the couch and jog after me 'But you said in you text "I hope you like your present." so obviously you have something.'

'Nope, nothing. just wanted to see you grovel for one.' He squints his eyes at me and glares. 'fine, i'll just have to run upstairs and find the present I got you and take it back.' I turned around and he was gone 'Harry!' I shouted and chased after him. I tripped on the top stair and rolled on to my back grabbing my shin. I hear the squeaky floor board and look up to see Harry doubled over in laughter. 'You're an idiot.' he said before turning back into my room. I got up and chased him. Last year for my birthday he got me a guitar that had hot pink, purple and lime green patterns on it. I saw that he had hold of it and jumped on his back. He put the guitar down and spun me around 'Weeeee' he screamed and then threw me onto the bed and I pulled him down with me. He landed on top of me and his laughter turned into a light smirk. he looked at me for a while, just staring but not in a creepy way, in a soft and caring way. then he stopped smiling and got off. we sat on the end of the bed and he cleared his throat 'well, how do you feel about chucking your ceral out and going out for breaky with me?' I quickly nodded and grabbed my bag.

on the way back from the café, we had the radio blearing. Both of us were laughing and singing to the top of our lungs. When the song ended, harry turned down the radio. 'So tonight, the boys and I have a gig on Ellen.' 'Ellen? no way!1 she is awesome oh please please please take me this time you the last.'

'I know I know that's why I was telling you. The boys and I wanted you to come.' 'OMG do I get to meet her?' 'Yes more than likely haha.'

'You're the best. Oh and you have to know I do have a present for you but its a surprise.'

'Fuck, you know I hate surprises.' I giggle, ' iknow.'