One

As the time got tantalizingly close to 11:22 PM, I waited, not taking my eyes off of my phone clock.

"You know there's a clock on the wall, right Jer?" Michael pointed out, turning to look at me. His remote vibrated and he looked back at the TV screen. "OH, GET FUCKED!"

"Gotta keep your eyes on the road." Rich chuckled.

"It's not like it matters, I'm already at the end of the course." Michael turned back around and finished the game. "YES! GET WRECKED, RICH!"

"Fine. What do I have to do?" Rich sighed. Jenna pulled up her phone camera and started recording.

"This is going to be good." Jenna said to me.

"You have to kiss the cutest person in the room." Michael said with a smirk. Rich immediately turned red.

"SERIOUSLY?" He shouted. Michael nodded. Rich glared at him for a moment, then gave in, walked up to Jake, and kissed him on the cheek.

Jenna was right, it was amusing to watch Jake curl up into a ball inside his jacket, squealing like a little kid, his face red, as he covered his mouth with his hand.
Jenna's laugh caught his attention and he tried to stand up from his chair without removing his legs from his zipped-up jacket, causing him to fall on my bedroom floor.

"Are you recording?" He asked, struggling to unzip his jacket to free himself. Rich stormed up to her, hiding his blushing face with his hands.

"If you send or show that to anyone, I WILL KICK YOU IN THE THROAT AGAIN." He threatened.
Jenna merely laughed, then sent it to Brooke and Chloe, telling them don't send or show this to anyone Rich might be short but he can still kick me in the throat again. I laughed.

"Hey Jeremy, it's 11:21." Christine pointed out. I took a deep breath and tried to tune out my thoughts. "Are you worried it won't be me?"
"I guess so," I admitted. "But I know it'll be you. I don't need to be worried."
"Yeah. It'll be okay." She gave me a quick kiss, then took my hand.

1:22.

The world went gray. Christine's hand went limp in mine, and I looked at her. Her eyes were empty and glazed over, and I realized she wasn't my soulmate.

Fuck.

I scanned the room, though I wasn't sure why I was, and my eyes landed on someone who hadn't turned gray or stopped moving.

"Michael?"