| 1 | > a memory of heartache

Chapter 1
A memory of heartache

 Chapter 1A memory of heartache

Kenna

Have you ever felt so lost? Well I have, right now.
"Listen Kenna, I get we've been together for three years and you want us to get married when we graduate from high school, but I don't want to be with you anymore," Trevor said while trying to reach out across the coffee table to hold my hand, which was now shaking, but I managed to jerk it out of his reach. How dare he try to reach for my hand, after all we've been through. "Did you meet someone else?" I asked weakly while crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked conflicted when I asked him, like he was deciding to either tell me the truth or to lie to me. "Yeah, I've finally met my mate," he replied calmly staring at me with a nervous smile. "I'm happy for you Trevor," I lied with a believable smile, really I was remembering when I met my mate or should I say ex- mate.

I had just turned sixteen a month ago, I was going to a pack ball with my family.

"Hey Kenna, hurry the hell up with sis's makeup!" My brother, Cade yelled from down stairs. I was almost done with her makeup, I just had to do her blush. "Aren't you excited to meet your mate?" My sister Sophie asked while I lightly pat the blush on her pale cheeks.

I had always thought the mate thing with us werewolves was overrated, first when the werewolves meet their mates they fall instantly in love with them and get all possessive around them or they reject their mate and the bond immediately breaks between their wolves.

I was actually scared of the mate bond, if your not good enough for your mate when you meet them they'll most likely reject you. I definitely don't want that.

I never answered her question after doing her blush and on the way to the ball.

It probably was an hour until we got to a big Mansion in the middle of the woods, there were rose bushes on both sides of the front doors.

There was a circular drive way in front of the mansion that was packed with a variety of cars. We managed to find a spot in between a limo and a BMW. You would need a limo to get here? I thought to myself while stepping out of the back seat when we parked.

"Kenna, I heard the Royal family is supposed to show up today, isn't that awesome?" My sister whispered in my ear while linking her arm with me. I didn't particularly like the Royal family, I thought they were blood thirsty snobs.

I didn't answer my sister's questions for the second time today. I really shouldn't ignore her questions, it's just if I told her, she would've tried to convince me to not think that.

When we got inside the whole place was packed with different packs from every where. The mansion had two story floors with what I've been told by my sister and step-mother, the mansion had at least thirty rooms.