「 6 」

ẃ̳̱͓̺̍͞͠h̡̛͓͎̼̳̎̔͛̿̅͛͘͢ͅͅa̬͔͖̹͔͑͆̂̾̀t̰͘s̛̛̙͍̻̫̽͡ ỵ̢̓̉ő͕ų͖͙̑͗͋r̮̳̦̭̳̥̤̉͂́̈́͂̕͠ ế̢̧͎͚͘͢͞͞ṁ̻e̲͔̞̪͇̼̝̲̊͐̅̓́̍͑̌r̹̩̀̕g̫̞̫̱̪̖̠̩͖̺̽̄̈́͐̍̏̃̽̾̕é͙̳̼̭͆̚͡ǹ͕̳͙͋̕c͖̹͔͕̰̊̔͋̒̏͆͢y̮̫̪̠̬̥̆̒̃̿̄̎͌͋͢͢͜͞?̪̱͕̮͕̥͍̊̔͂̂͘̚͝

December 05 2094

"Thanks for dropping me off love!"

I unfasten my seatbelt and move closer to jin to peck him on the lips.

"I'll take a taxi home alright?"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

I get out the car and close the door. I turn around to wave bye to Jin.

I walk into the police station and greet the other police officers.

"Good evening Alice."

"Oh Good evening Sergeant Namjoon."

He smiles to me warmly and I slightly bow to him.

"Coming in for your shift?"

"Yes I am."

"Alright, I'll let you get to your desk."

I bow again and I walk towards my desk. I put my things down and I put on my headset. During this time, the police station is quiet. Most of the police officers go out to patrol the city or go out for a bit. So it's usually just me, another dispatcher, the janitor, and sometimes Sergeant Namjoon. Our city doesn't have that much going on. Its a quiet city. The news about Jimin was horrible and surprising for the city.

I suddenly get call and I take a deep breath.

"911, whats your emergency?"

The person on the other end sounds young, a teenager. They sound frightened and panicked.

"Hello? I'm by on 5th and 22nd hiding behind a mailbox. I think someone is following me."

"Alright, calm down. I am sending an officer to your location now. Would you like me to stay on the phone with you?"

"Yes please. I'm scared."

"Alright I'll be right here. Whats your name?"

"Bi Kim."

"Alright Bi, how old are you?"

"16."

"Do your parents know—"

All of a sudden, static starts to fill the phone call.

"Bi? Bi can you hear me?"

I get no response, just loud static.

"Hello? Are you still there?"

The static gradually becomes louder and louder. It got so loud that I had to take my ear piece off. Even then I could still hear it. I end the call from my computer. I start to worry about the boy.

I call the officer who I had sent to his location.

"Officer Jung? Did you get to the location I sent you?"

"Yes. I don't see anybody here. I'll drive around one more time."

He hangs up the phone and I brush it off as a prank.

"Must be a prank. But I hope he is okay."

Through out the night, I just sat there answering small emergency calls.

"What's your emergency?"

"My lights just got cut off."

"Okay, you will need to call your electric company, not 911. Have a good evening."

I hang up the call and I proceed to wait for anymore emergency calls.About 15 minutes later, I get another call.

"911, whats your emergency?"

It was silent.

"911, what is your emergency? Anyone there?"

All I could hear was breathing, very loudly.

"Are you okay? Please speak so I can know your emergency."

"Do you want to dance with me?"

The phone call gets cut off.

I furrow my eyebrows, not knowing what to think.

My shift was almost done, so I just didn't really care for it. I thought of it as a prank call.

-

December 06, 2094

Shift was coming to an end. I was packing up my belongings and I wait for the next dispatcher to come in. As I was waiting, I was looking out the window to see a street light outside flickering its lights.

As I was waiting, my eyes kept going back to look at the street light. Inside the section I work, it's a bit dim. I look towards the light outside to see someone was standing under the streetlight. I couldn't see their face, but it was creeping me out. The light flickering above them wasn't helping either. I couldn't see their face. Why are they just staring in my direction like that?

I rub my eyes to see if they were just messing with me. When I look back up again, they were gone.

I kept looking outside when suddenly,

"Hey!"

I turn around to see nobody. It sounded like it was coming from outside. It sounded like a young mans voice.

I then say to myself,

"My mind is just messing with me."

I hear it again, this time, in the room.

"Hey!"

I look around the room to see nobody.

My heart was racing, I was getting nervous. My eyes kept looking everywhere, trying to find a logical explanation.

"Uh, funny, you can stop your joke now."

As I try to calm myself down, I hear it again, but this time, by my ear.

"HEY!"

I jump from my seat to look around. I grab my things and I walk towards the front of the police station. I was walking while looking back, trying to figure out what was going on.

I then bumped into somebody and I yell.

"Woah, hey are you okay Alice?"

My breathing is hard and I'm trying to catch my breath.

"Oh my goodness, sorry, you scared me."

"Are you alright?"

"Yes Hoseok, I'm alright. Just getting ready to go home."

"Ah ok, well, you can go now. I'm here for the next shift."

I smile to him and he beams me one back. I say goodbye and I call a taxi to come get me.

I wait for them in the front of the station.

I was still trying to figure out what happened just a few moments ago. I then told myself to forget about it. Little did I know, this was only the beginning.