-3-

I felt a light shine through my eyelid. My whole body felt comfortable, I felt as if I were surrounded by a soft cloud. This all felt nice and all, but I had a strange feeling something wasn't quite right. The sun couldn't come out so fast, could it?

My eyes instantly shot open by the mere thought of it. The sun shining through a huge window in front of me blinded me for a few seconds. This definitely wasn't right. My vision adjusted after a few seconds, and I found myself in an unknown room, a room I had never seen before. It looked like a room where someone with a royal status would stay in. The bed was king-size that definitely felt like a cloud. The window displayed a beautiful view of the sky, making me feel as if I could stare out of it for hours. I glanced to my left, noticing a few paintings. Some of the paintings had landscapes or flowers on them, I could tell they were painted delicately, paying attention to all the small details. I then noticed something that looked like a painting, which was out of place in the middle of all the cheerful paintings. It looked like a family crest, a dark background behind it giving the painting an eerie feeling. The crest was shaped like a shield that warriors would use. The middle part of the crest was pure white with no other hint of colours, it quite suited the dark silver sides of the crest.

It all seemed interesting to me, but I really needed to get going. However, the question remained, where? There were 2 doors, one on the left, and one on the right. There was no sign or hint of what could be behind these doors. I just had to trust my guts on this. I glanced to both of my sides, trying to make up my mind. I sighed, and made my way to the right, knowing that I didn't have any other choice.

''Here it goes,'' I whispered to myself and turned the doorknob of the huge white door. In front of me stood a medieval-age-like hallway. The walls, floor, and ceiling were made out of dark grey stones. The ceiling was tall, not making me any safer. There were three wooden doors on each side, and one at the end of the hallway, making the whole atmosphere even more creepier. I felt my knees shiver under me as I tried to take a step forward.

''This is not the time to be scared, come on,'' I whispered to myself, hoping for the fear to go away. But it is never this simple, huh.

I now had to decide, where to next? This time, the decision making was easier. Of course I had to choose the one that looked the most dangerous. The last door. I should feel more scared, more frightened but this all... excited me? The thought itself surprised me.

I sprinted towards the door and opened it. I was greeted by huge trees in front of me. These definitely did not look like regular trees we see everyday, at least by comparison of their height. They looked like something out of a fairytale with their lavender roots going into the ground. I didn't have a chance to admire the sight longer, since I heard small quick whispers coming from around the corner. I creeped around the corner.

''Don't worry, the magic has been activated,'' a male voice said. I slowly looked around the corner, instantly recognizing the familiar blue eyes. It's him. Of course, it's him. The cloth was no longer covering his face.

''What are you planning to do next? We don't have any plan, we're totally screwed I-'' a female voice said so quickly, that I almost failed to catch up. Her face was covered up by the same cloth that he had worn.

''Shush, I know what I'm doing. I'll hand her over to you soon,'' the male voice said with a firm tone, cutting her off from her rambling. I wonder what they're talking about? What magic? This all seemed so strange to me.

As I was deep in my thoughts, my leg went against a small bush I hadn't noticed, making noise. This wasn't good. I had to get away, and fast.

I ran back to the door and turned the doorknob. It was locked.

''No, no, no, no,'' I panicked. Black spots started appearing in my vision, all the colours were draining out. My body now felt too weak to panic. My legs were losing all the strength they had had as I fell onto the ground.