Two Wives

He couldn't explain his reaction only that he felt glad at the same time that relieved that his wife was still alive.
She on the other hand felt confused with everything. Why is Xi Men acting this way? Last night they had a fight. She left their house and just drove off. She didn't know where she was going. She got tired and slept on the car. When morning came, she drove back and this is what greeted her.
"Xi Men, I'm sorry I left like that. I've only been gone for a few hours."
"A few hours? Xiao Geng, you were gone for five years."
"What do you mean I was gone for five years?"
"That night when we had the fight it happened five years ago."
"What?!  How could that be? It was just last night."
"Last night?"
"Yeah."
"Xiao Geng, stop fooling around."
"I'm not Xi Men. Look, we had a fight last night. I drove off, got tired, slept in the car. Woke up this morning and drove back to our house." She explained.
"No. That was five years ago. When you didn't come home the next day and I couldn't contact your phone, I reported you missing. There was a big search for you for a week. We searched the entire region after a month. In a year we searched for you in the entire country. We even tried to find you abroad. After two and a half years, I was advised to report you as presumed dead."
"That can't be true. You’re lying to me Xi Men."
"I'm sorry Xiao Geng. Here, look at today's date." He showed him his phone.
Xiao Geng looked into the screen and read the date.
"February 19, 2019."
"See? Our fight happened last 2014."
"2019. But how could that be? How can I not remember anything of what had happened to me in the last five years? Or why my last memory was of our fight five years ago?"
"I don't know. But right now, I'm just glad you're back and alive." He hugged her so tight.
"Me too. And Xi Men, I'm sorry I doubted you. I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating on me. I'm sorry."
Just then a woman came out of the bedroom.
"Xi Men?"
Xi Men immediately untangled himself from Xiao Geng's arms.
"Xiao You."
"Who is she?" It was Xiao Geng.
"I'm his wife. Who are you?"
"His wife? You must be wrong. My name is Geng Yi Fen and I am Xi Men's wife."
"Xiao Geng? You're supposed to be dead."
"Apparently, I'm not dead."
Xi Men stood in the middle of the two women with a good and equal distance between them. "Xiao Geng, I know this is a lot to take in but after we declared or presumed you dead, I met Xiao You. She helped me through those times and before I knew it I was falling for her. We got married a year ago. She's my wife now.'
"I..." Xiao Geng fainted.

© Franzz P. Follow on IG @onceinalifetimearc2018
Date written: February 19-20 & 25, 2019

Note: I'm writing another fanfic inspired by a recent TV series I just watched and this was a draft that was rejected and was too good to waste rereading them. So yeah.