Chapter Ten

A/N: Sorry it's short but I wanted at least one light relaxed chapter before the USJ haha, enjoy the amusing gif of Bakugo angrily brushing his teeth as my apology for the short chapter. 

~Erina's POV~

Wednesday after school, I trained with Emiko putting my reflexes to the test. Standing in the center of the grounds just outside the main temple with a blindfold tied tightly over my eyes, I slowed my breathing and heartbeat trying to heighten my other senses. The sound of a bow string being drawn taut sounded behind me. From the pull of the fibers, I had an idea of where they were aiming and exhaled calmly. The sound of Emiko exhaling and the release of the bow sounded from behind me. I spun quickly and reached up snatching the arrow out of the air before it could hit my chest.

"That was awesome!" Kirishima's voice startled me. There was an eruption of applause, too much for one person.

"What?! That was terrifying!" Sero's voice joined in.

"I feel nauseous. That was close." Was that Kaminari?

I ripped off my blindfold and turned to find the trio of boys wearing plain street clothes clustered together near the main entrance at the top of the stairs. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them curiously as I tossed the arrow back to Emiko.

"Mortal Kombat Tournament!" Kirishima grinned, "You in?"

I looked over to my older sister and clasped my hands together, "Please?"

Emiko laughed, "I'll tell mom you're meditating at the sacred training grounds." She winked before offering Kirishima and the gang a polite bow of her head and taking her leave. "Don't stay out too late, it's a school night!" She called back to me over her shoulder as I scrambled to right my white haori that I'd discarded leaving me in nothing more than my training chest wraps and my red hakama.

"Hurry." I laughed as I bolted past the trio of boys and scrambled down the steps.

"We just got all the way to the top." Sero frowned looking a little winded from their climb up the steps.

Kirishima laughed and raced after me, now used to the stairs from his frequent visits. Kaminari and Sero reluctantly followed us. When I reached the bottom, I spotted the short boy with the bulbous dark purple hair, Minoru Mineta waiting and looking exhausted. He must have tried to climb the ten thousand steps but given up part of the way through.

"Hey Mineta." I greeted him with a polite smile.

"Hey Erina." He greeted me with what I assumed was a suave smile. "How about you and me ditch these loser-."

Kirishima was only a few paces behind me and was grinning ear to ear, "You missed it, she just caught an arrow out of midair while blindfolded, it was so manly!"

I laughed at this as Sero reached the bottom of the stairs half dragging Kaminari with him. "You guys okay?"

"No wonder you're superhuman, you run up and down these stairs every day." Sero shook his head in silent laughter.

Kirishima and I gave them a moment to catch their breath before the five of us headed to the arcade together. As we walked along the sidewalk, I spotted a familiar head of spiky dusty blonde hair not too far ahead of us.

"Hey, is that Bakugo?" Mineta pointed seeming to notice him about the same time I did.

"I think so." Kirishima remarked before yelling over at him while waving his arm in greeting, "Hey! Bakugo!"