Chapter Twelve

~Erina's POV~

Strong arms were wrapped around me. I was being carried in someone's arms with my head resting against their shoulder. My eyes wouldn't open and my body wasn't reacting yet as I was still slowly coming to consciousness.

"Hey, Bakugo!" Kirishima's voice snapped from somewhere behind. From the motion of the person carrying me I knew we were walking up stairs. I could faintly hear the central plaza fountain in the distance. We were still in the USJ. "Hold up!"

The person carrying me tensed for a moment but kept moving. Bakugo was carrying me. Rage burned inside of me. He was so dead!

"Hey! No matter how awesome that was back there, you've still got some explaining to do." Kirishima sounded angry. "Why they hell did you attack Erina?!"

"Shut up." Bakugo growled, his chest vibrating slightly as he growled deeply.

"No! Tell me why you did it." Kirishima demanded sounding like he was trying to catch up.

"It's not your concern." Bakugo grumbled.

"It is my concern! She's my friend!" Kirishima sounded even angrier. It was rare for him to be angry; he was always so chill.

"And now she gets to stay your friend." Bakugo huffed.

"Huh?" It sounded like Kirishima tripped, "you did it to protect her?" His voice softened.

"She doesn't run from a fight, even if she knows its one, she can't win especially if that idiot Deku is involved." Bakugo replied gruffly.

"Well sure, but she's like the most badass fighter I've ever seen. She can handle herself." Kirishima piped up. "She hit that warp gate guy and we both missed the first time."

Bakugo was quiet as he carried me up the stairs to where the rest of our classmates were waiting. It sounded like the other teachers had arrived and were rounding up the remaining villains. It was all over. Just as we reached the main landing where the rest of our class was waiting, I regained basic motor function.

"What happened to Erina?" Mina's voice cried and I heard a chorus of footsteps surging in our direction. Their voices all merged together into one voice of concern trying to determine what had happened to me.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked up to meet Bakugo's crimson gaze. His eyes grew wide as he realized I had woken up. "Eri-."

I punched him in the face with enough force he nearly lost his balance. His grip on me loosened and I tumbled toward the ground. My body twisted and contorted so I landed swiftly in a three-point landing. Without giving him a breath to recover, I lunged once more.

Bakugo stumbled backward to avoid my swings and nearly slipped off the ledge of the top step. I flipped off the ground gracefully into a spinning kick. I managed to crack him across the jaw with enough force he nearly toppled down the stairs. He caught himself on the edge of the top step but made no move to fight me back.

Enough, child.

A brief flash of a vision appeared in my mind's eye. I saw myself getting stabbed in the throat by a strange bird like humanoid creature with a sharp metallic beak, dark skin and partially exposed brain. If Bakugo hadn't knocked me out, would I have been killed? It's not like he'd have known that in advance...unless Hogo Kami Sama had told him.