6

He's doubting.

He hasn't said a word to make me think so, but I know.

It's the lack of words. The glares.

He hasn't swallowed my lies like the others.

Armin.

What are you going to do?

Are you going to shatter this dream?

Are you going to ruin our lives?

Every time he avoided my eyes, my heart clenched.

Are you going to break him?

Are you going to break the only thing that actually matters?

However a part of me knew.

Eren wasn't the one who'd be crushed.

It would be me.

Dinners became more quiet and I could sense Eren's irritation.

He didn't know yet.

Armin wasn't prepared for me to meet his eyes. He didn't have time to look away, so instead he was forced to meet my silent threats. "Have some more sallad." The stern command felt wrong on my tongue, and yet it was just that tone I'd used for weeks.

Ever since I realised that he'd realised.

Ocean eyes glimmered sharply together with a smirk as Eren took out a single tomato slice from the bowl. When he saw my concerned scowl he started laughing. I turned around to Armin.

Do you really want to ruin his happiness again?

If he was broken down again there may not be anything left to build up. I didn't show my clenched teeth.

Kill him.

My dreams were filled with bloody blond hair.

Hair belonging to a certain possible snitch. Ways of killing I'd never cared to think about, appeared everytime I dared to close my eyes. The most creative one yet must be smashing his limbs one after one with a fucking door, and that was only one of many others.

The blood didn't only cover my hands now. Every spot I touched was left with a trail of red. No matter how much I cleaned, it didn't disappear. Soon it covered everything. Everything except from him. Eren remained clean. He remained pure.

But the fact still remained.

I was a disease that the world wouldn't get rid off until I took my very last breath.