The Bakery

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I pryed my eyes open to see a curly haired boy standing in front of me, eyes wide open. That was enough to make me jump out of my skin.

"AHHHH!!" I screamed. He smiled and stood back. "Harry what are you doing here?!"

"I heard a pussy cat meowing so I came to see it!"

I scoffed, "You heard Sam, I found him yesterday... You like cats?"

"Yes I love cats! I have one named Molly!" He smiled warmly. I liked how he had a stronger accent than me. And he already hit puberty so he had a deeper voice from what I remember in school.

"That's cool! Sam's just an alley cat I that is very independent, and Molly is a cute name. Let me guess, grey kitten?"

He looked shocked, "Yes actually!! How'd you know??" I laughed, "It's the ESP!" I circled my head with my hands jokingly. We laughed and talked for a little more. Then I snapped back to reality and looked at the ground, rocking back and forth on my feet.

"Um, I have to go" I said, grabbing my backpack. "Where could you possibly be off to?" he chuckled.

"I still have a life you know, I might not have money or decent food, but I still have a life. Now come on Sam, come live your cat life with me" I shot back.

"Um, ok... Sorry? I guess...?"

"Mhmm" I mumbled and walked off.

I walked down the streets, all the way until my stomach started growling. Then I told myself I was going to stop at the next food place.

The granola bars and donuts from yesterday are for tonight when I won't want to walk.

I arrived at a small bakery and walked in. It smelled of cinnamon bread and muffins. It was dim and there were a few couples chatting quietly. I walked up to the desk and a guy voice asked, "What would you like today, love?"

I was looking down at what they had and said slowly, "A small bag of cinnamon breadsticks... A small double chocolate muffin... And a bottle of wa-"

"Valerie??" The boy cut me off, which I soon learned to be Harry. "Just couldn't stay away from me huh?" he teased.

"Shut up, I didn't know you worked here..." I put my hand flat on the desk, "Now can I have my order?"

There he goes with that stupid smirk again. I sighed as he went to the back kitchen. I sat at a table and waited, and waited... And waited. I checked the analog clock on the wall and ten minutes have passed. I waited five more minutes.

Finally he came out with two cups. What the heck?!

I realised he took his apron off. Now he was walking towards where I was sitting and he sat down in the chair across from me. He slid one cup of tea to me and I just stared at him, eyebrows curved up. "I didn't order tea."

"I know but I did" he answered back in the same tone I had. I took the cup of tea and sipped it. It was so good.

"You like it? It's my mum's recipe!" he smiled.

"Well yeah, it's really good... But I still don't get what your doing?" I said, but it came out more as a question.

"Is it so bad that I'm being nice?" He asked sarcastically. I shook my head and looked down, "Why? Why are you being nice to me? I don't even know you, and in school you're popular and im an outsider, why would you take the chance to be seen with me?"

"Wow, you've been gone a while to say that I'm popular..." He looked down, "And even if I was the most liked in the whole school, I would still talk to you, I'm not stereotypical... Everyone should have chances to make friends"

I thought for a minute, he was staring into my eyes, uncertain. So I said, "Wow, that was deep" then we laughed together. Then an employee came out and have us breadsticks, my bottle of water I asked for, and about 6 muffins.

"Um... Harry?"

He smiled, "It's all on me"

~~~~~

"So you just randomly found a bunch of money someplace and took it?" Harry asked beside me while we were walking back to the alley I sleep in.

"No!! I'm not mean!!! I found it in the door at that gas station that you ran into me at and tried to give it to the man at the desk but he said keep it. I spent a lot of it at that gas station anyway so he still got a portion of it..."

"No I see, you wanted to keep it! You wanted him to say you could keep it!!" Harry joked.

"No stop it!!" I laughed and shoved him playfully. We were coming up to the alley and we saw Sam run up to us and start rubbing up against us.

"Sammm hiii!!!!" I greeted the fat cat. He doesn't get fed by people, he hunts for his food, and apparently he's very good at it.

Harry stopped and turned to me when we got to the alley. "So I'll see you soon Val?" He whispered, taking a step forward.

"Um... yeah I guess so..." I responded, looking at the ground.

"I had fun today, I hope we can hang out more often..." He whispered, taking another step toward me. I felt his breath on my forehead since I was looking down.

"Yeah..." I whispered.

"Val?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Look up..." He whispered back, putting two fingers underneath my chin and lifting my head up. Then he gently pressed his lips against mine, and on instinct, I kissed back. I pulled away and smiled at the smirk playing on his lips.

"Do you like me??" He excitedly asked.

"I didn't say that" I smirked back.

"But you kissed back!!" He called after me when I started walking away.

"Night Harry!" I waved my hand in the air above me without turning around, Sam at my feet. 

"But Val!!" He whined.

"Nigghhttt!" I called again, turning into my alley and discretely looking back at him. I saw him victoriously jump in the air.

What a freak.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

[A/N; Oh don't you just love when I give absolutely no notice at all when Im going to upload my story?(;

First one to comment what Harry brought back for Valerie in all at the bakery gets a fan, shout out, and dedication(:

Don't you just love Harry?? So do i(: I also love Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn(: wait know I feel bad for Zayn cause I said him last...

Ok for those of you who read Can't Stay Away, it's on temporary hold... I messed up :/ I had the whole story on my Notes app on my iPod, and I accidentally deleted it... So as soon as I find time to copy and paste it from Wattpad to my Notes, (Which is actually very time consuming,) I will write more... SORRY!

LALALALALALALALALALA]