Chapter 16: Go to Hell, you mortals

It's been almost a year since I've started working on this story so I'm pleased to announce that this is the last official chapter- after this will be the Epilogue which will wrap everything together.

I'm not sure if I'll wright any other DMCB fanfics- but if i did It'd more than likely be based on the original Crybaby series.

Thank you all for sticking around with this story, I'll also be publishing this story on Quotev under the same title and username.

________________________________________________________________________________

A gun shot went off, but not by who you expected it from.

Everyone in the room turned to the culprit who fired off the gun- Hie. Hie had his gun trained on Miko, a fresh bullet hole lounged inside the wall right next to her head.

"Hie?" Gabi called out to him.

"I'm...not a demon," Akira's tone was much more calm this time around. "I'm Akira Fudo. A human!"

Your eyes drifted across the room to meet Miki's as she stands in the doorway of the living room.

"Stay back, Makimura," Wamu warned the brunette.

'If Miki had her phone on her, which she most likely did, she would've seen Ryo's broadcast- which meant she discovered that Akira is a demon....'

"Miki, trust him," you said as you gestured to your brother. "He's been fighting against demons this whole time. To protect us, he's been using his body that merged with a demon."

"See! He's a demon!" Wamu argued, but you had faith that Miki would make the right decision.

"Trust me!" Akira pleaded, "I still have the heart of a human."

"Bullshit," Wamu continued to argue.

"There's no way I'd kill a human. There's no way that was me. I'd never kill a human."

"But you're not sure. That's why you kept it from Makimura, right?" This caused Akira to go silent. "And you," Wamu pointed his gun in your direction now. "It sounds as if you knew Akira was a demon this whole time- how do we know that your not a demon yourself- hey, Makimura! Get away from them!" Wamu cut himself off as Miki made her way over to you and Akira.

"You two were the same back then, too. Akira, you were crying for my family earlier, weren't you? And [Name], you were trying to hold everything together to be strong for me, right?" Miki wrapped her arms around both you and Akira as she pulled the two of you into a hug. "You haven't changed," she murmured with her face buried into your shoulder.

"Thanks, Miki," you muttered.

She chuckled, "we are family, after all."

The tension in the room slowly disappeared and Wamu lowered his gun in surrender as the only sound that filled the room was the crackling of the fire place- until a distant siren caught your attention.

"They're here," Miko said as she turned to look out the glass sliding door.

"That was quick," Gabi muttered before standing from the couch, followed by Wamu and Hie.