Apartment

Daniel opened up the door to his apartment, stale air wafting out. He walked in, his footfalls echoing through the apartment. The apartment complex offered free room cleaning, and since he was out a lot for "work," he never really did have the time to mess his apartment up to be cleaned. Alas, the maids did serve another purpose dear to Daniel. They made a deal, that if he kept his place clean (which was never an issue,) they would feed and walk his pet. At this moment, Daniel hoped that they kept true to their deal.
"Here Toshi! Come on, boy!" Moments after Daniel called, he heard a jingling of a collar. He grinned dorkily. An old white pug emerged from his bedroom, presumably sleeping on his bed before. He continued coaxing the small dog, causing him to approach Daniel ecstatically. Daniel gingerly picked up the dog, hugging him with all his might.
    "Oh, Toshi, it's nice to see you, boy," Daniel mumbled into the dog's fur. Daniel genuinely smiled. He may be a child killer, but he's not a dog killer. Children are born evil, full of sin and cruelty- they need purification. Dogs are innocent victims of humanity that deserve better than ascension, or at least deserve a full life to make an impact. Daniel fondly smirked, thinking about how this creature in his arms was one of the only things he could trust. His father taught him not to trust anyone, not even those who are the closest to him. He was also told his father was revoked from that rule. He blindly believed that, trusting him more than ever. Daniel was brought back to reality when Toshi whimpered.
He set the dog back down, brushing the fur off his shirt. He wandered into his room, pulling off his stained top as he closed the door leading into his room. He just wanted to sleep at this point. He changed into a loose white t-shirt with light grey sweatpants. Even though it was only 6, he felt the need to sleep. He crawled into his bed, his dog hopping up curling up on his chest, and shut his eyes. He sighed as he let everything from today wash over him. Well, he was probably fired from working for his father, which meant he had no job.
He didn't have anyone to turn to, except an optimistic camp counselor who was too naive for his own good. He still needed to pick up meds from his local pharmacy for his incident. Plus, apparently people weren't too fond of his previous actions, and wrote about him- no, warned about him- in the paper. These troubles swirled around in his head as he tried to get more comfortable. God, I'm screwed, Daniel thought up before his eyes shut and he was relieved of his consciousness.