Chapter 5

Kat stared at shock.

Filthy? Did he just say she was filthy? That this group was filthy? She glanced around the empty room, it was clean, and nice, and pretty. What is his definition of filthy?

She followed the path the boy took to the yellow doorway. She tiptoed to the door and peeked inside, she was instantly bombarded by a great white room, it was spotless and clean, with the only colors being soft colored flowers in white glass vases. She stepped cautiously in the empty room, and immediately booked it towards the flower vase, sniffing and playing with the petals. She smiled to herself and got up. Curiously exploring the many corridors and hallways, it was empty, shockingly. She found herself drawn to the large door at the end of one of the hallways, it was closed and at least reached the ceiling in height. She wrapped her small hand around the golden doorknob and opened it slowly, peeking through the crack. It was filled with a crowd of people, all dressed similarly to the boy she came across earlier. Long flowing gowns and clean tuxes. She stared in awe, her mouth wide open.

"Did you see that filthy little girl that just joined the Animal group?" A feminine voice said loudly, giggling in between words, "The way she looked around at the orbs, I was praying that she wouldn't come near ours!" This was followed with a high roar of cheery laughter.

"I was glad that she was put with the farmers!" another voice chimed in, it was familiar with a lovely tone. " If she was put in a group like ours, I feel like she would ruin it with her grubby little hands!"

Kat felt her stomach drop, she felt sick. She closed the door slowly and slid onto the ground. Her knees pulled to her chest.

It was the same woman that helped her.

So much for being a love element.

She picked herself off the floor and trudged her way back to her room. Compared to this place, her room looked like a pigsty. She found herself back at the front of the room, staring at the same flowers that put a smile on her face. She walked to the vase and picked a flower from the vase, feeling hot tears stream down her face suddenly. She tore the flower in two, ripping the petals off angrily and throwing it on the floor. She grabbed the glass vase and threw it towards the wall, smashing it into small pieces and spreading all around. She wiped her tears with her arm and spat on the floor. She stormed the room, and barricaded herself in the bedroom of her own space. She felt a darkness grow in her, her face distorted with anger.

o