Chapter 5

Jake and I ended up sleeping on the beach that night. I woke up wrapped around Jake's arms with him slowly breathing in to my ear. I stared at his angelic face, still not able to believe that we were together now. 

I gently pried myself away from Jake, not wanting to wake him up. I stood up and stretched, yawning and admiring the ocean. A cool breeze blew around me, tousling my hair and making me shiver slightly. 

"Cold?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. 

"Kind of, yes." I replied, not bothering to turn around.

I felt Jake put his jacket around me and I nodded gratefully. As creepy as it may sound, his jacket smelled good, like sweet chocolate. I let Jake's smell envelop me, and I breathed it in slowly, savoring the aroma. 

"When did you wake up?" Jake asked.

I turned around and replied, "Just now, you?"

"I've been awake," Jake laughed, "You know you snore really loud when you sleep?"

"I do not!" I protested, slightly blushing. I don't snore... do I?

"Whatever you say," Jake said, chuckling. "Let's go back, I'm starving."

He held out his hand and I grabbed it, entwining our fingers together. We walked back to the car, our stomachs grumbling the entire way. Damn, we were really hungry. 

We drove to a nearby diner and quickly ate breakfast there. We both ordered pancakes and bacon and finished it in record time. I made a mental note to myself to come back to this diner because the food was absolutely delicious. 

We arrived back at Jake's house at around 11AM. We decided to go to Peacock today and take care of business together. I called in and made an appointment at 4:00PM; we had 5 hours to kill before then.

"So what should we do now?" Jake asked.

"I don't know...any ideas?" I asked hopefully.

Jake seemed to think for a bit when he snapped his fingers. He grinned and said excitedly, "Let's go shopping for clothes for you! You're going to be a model anyway - gotta look the part!"

I opened my mouth to protest when I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a Lakers sweater with skinny jeans. It didn't exactly scream hotness or fashion. I groaned inwardly - I absolutely hated shopping but I guess it wouldn't hurt to look good for my job. 

"Fine then, let's go." I sighed. Jake's eyes lit up in happiness as he practically skipped to the door.

We drove to the mall (with Jake singing along to the worst songs in history, as usual) and hit H&M first. Jake looked really excited - he had grabbed a shopping bag and was throwing in clothes that he deemed fitting for me. I just followed him around boredly, glancing at clothes here and there.

After about an hour of raiding H&M, Jake finally pushed the overfilled bag of clothes to me and said, "Go try all of these on!" 

"It seems like you're more excited in me being a model than I am," I muttered, grabbing the bag. I was ushered into one of the changing rooms by the assistant, Jake following close behind. I was ordered by Jake to come outside after every outfit so he could check me out. I nodded reluctantly and started changing. 

I must admit, Jake had a pretty good sense of style. It was weird that my boyfriend was choosing my clothes for me, but I had no choice. I was totally oblivious to fashion and style. 

Jake had chosen a wide array of clothing, from colorful tie-dyed shirts to badass tank tops. There were also jeans of every style that I was forced to wear. Jake turned down most of the clothes, however, except for a select few that he liked. Considering that all of the clothes he approved of were his style, I was pretty sure he was only using me to get new clothes for himself, but oh well.