Chapter 1

Chapter warning!
contains mentions of depression, ptsd, suicide

read at your own risk
_____________________________________

Shinichi sighed as he watched everyone he knew from both Conan and his life in front of him, gathered in the large ballroom, celebrating the fall of the Black Organisation. It was only recently that he had taken down the association with the help of Kaitou KID, and the latter had done him a huge favour by stealing the capsule APTX4869 from the secret lab along with all the data Ai Haibara needed to create the antidote.

Ai had an 80% success rate of creating the antidote and managed to complete it as soon as she received the sample from KID and now Shinichi 'returned' back from the cases permanently, much to both his happiness and grief.

Everyone that he knew in both lives; Mouri Ran, Suzuki Sonoko, Makoto Kyogoku, Hattori Heiji, Touyama Kazuha, Hakuba Saguru, Masumi Sera, Mouri Kogoro, Kisaki Eri, Nakamori Ginzo, Nakamori Aoko, Hondou Eisuke, Hondou Hidemi, Subaru Okiya or Akai Shuichi, Jodie Starling, Andre Camel, James Black, Megure Juzo, Takagi Wataru, Satou Miwako, Ninzaburo Shiratori, Hiroshi Agasa, Haibara Ai, Kojima Genta, Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko, Yoshida Ayumi, Lupin the III, Daisuke Jigen, Goemon Ishikawa XIII, Mine Fujiko, Zenigata Koichi, Enomoto Azusa, Amuro Tooru, Kudou Yuusaku, Kudou Yukiko, Kuroba Chikage (Yukiko's best friend), Konosuke Jii and a few others attended the celebration with his invitation.

"It was only successful because of Kudo Shinichi. Without him we wouldn't have gotten this far to take them down," Jodie announced. Everyone clapped loudly, hearing the speech, proud of his work and achievement. Back then, he would have been too prideful but now, he felt like the victory was not only his to hold, humbled by the experience he faced.

Shinichi, with a lot of embarrassment, bowed sheepishly while taking the microphone from the blonde woman. His face burned even brighter when the kids shouted out his name, waving their hands wildly, wanting to be noticed. "Shinichi onii-chan!" He ducked his face to look at his shoes, hiding his shy smile. "Ah well... I couldn't have done it on my own though. Special thanks to the FBI and Kaitou KID, of course. That brat helped me a lot to take the organization down," he smirked.

"Oi oi!" a familiar voice echoed within the four walls. "Who are you calling a brat, huh? I helped you a lot with some of your cases and this is how you repay me? Calling me a brat? I'm thoroughly insulted, Meitantei~" KID whined from the entrance in his full white regalia, walking towards the stage calmly, not caring about the purple-faced Nakamori keibu.

Sonoko, ever the number one fan of his, squealed. "KID-sama! You're here!"

Ran watched as Shinichi's body posture relaxed, trusting and accepting. She looked at the leisure-looking thief. His expression betrayed nothing of how he felt. How peculiar their behaviour are of each other, she thought. Shinichi grinned. "I knew you would be here, KID. Wouldn't pass the opportunity to rub salt on Nakamori keibu that you helped me out, do you?"

KID laughed genuinely, eyes crinkling, and as he made his way towards him, a dove swooped out of KID's sleeve and nested on Shinichi's head while cooing softly.

Both of them looked a little startled.

Everyone watched those two in silence, intrigued as to why both looked so relaxed in each other's presence. Ai, fully knowing what their relationship status was, only smirked knowingly behind her glass. "Heart-chan! How could you? Get back here!" the moonlight magician demanded, but the white dove refused and continued cooing on the detective's head.

"Heart-chan?" he hummed, mind going a million miles per hour, calculating and deducting. "Was this the same dove I took care of?" Shinichi slowly reached up to hold the white-feathered bird in his arms as he asked, not noticing that everyone around them was watching those two in shock. Kaitou KID pouted childishly at the bird. "Yeah. The very same one. It's a little surprising though," he said, blinking. "Heart-chan always hesitates around people. She seems to like you a lot."