Chapter 3: Clash! A Battle of Cute?!

Kakashi walked into the room dragging his scarf. Likely picking up plenty of dirt as he went. I want to tell him not to do that, but I know that he'll simply do it more in response. He can be more stubborn set then the Hokage when he wishes to be, then again that can be valuable as a shinobi. Or as a retailer, should he follow in his Mother's path.

Selfishly and worryingly I do want him to become a ninja as I, but on the parental side I hope he doesn't. There is much to being a shinobi, for the sake of my home, Kakashi would make excellent as a combatant, he already far surpassed even Hokage-sama's son Asuma, as he does display a high intelligence; quick to understand things and eager to learn. However, I do not wish for him to face war as I have, battles and death. Sometimes I simply don't know where I stand on the matter.

"Morning Kakashi-chan, your Dad made breakfast! Then maybe you want to go on a little trip into the village?" Naruto-kun interrupts my own grieving of life with an excited sounding chirp, like birdsong in the morning, cheery and cutting through silence. -You don't hear much from birds during war I've noticed.- There's a jubilant agreement from my son, suddenly appearing far more awake then previous. She hands him his tea and food with content, then turns to me with eyes tilted in nervousness. "Ah, Hatake-san, I'm not sure I can afford clothes for myself I don't think I have enough..." She seemed rather bashful about it all, then again considering the only thing she had to wear is orange, I would wager a guess she didn't have much money in the first place. It was a particularly dangerous colour, flashy and eye catching. Either she'd wanted a lot of attention by buying it or she hadn't been able to afford anything else.

"Ma~ well I can lend you some ryo, and you can pay me back once you get back in the game, how about that?" Although it was highly likely that upon taking a mission she could die, especially with her head injury -and war-, though I like to think that won't happen. To my surprise she didn't hold a modest disposition at taking my money, but honestly confounded by my offer.

"Ehhhhh?! Y-you would do that?!" That kind of bewildered me, you'd think no one had ever been friendly with her before with the way she was acting. "B-but, I mean, you don't have much food, and you need to take care of Kakashi-chan and-" The more she spoke the quicker she became, words melding together slightly in a nearly panicked tone. For the life of me I could hardly understand it.

"Food is controlled by ration cards at the moment Naruto-kun, no worries, besides, I am an active Jonin I can afford to spend a little more. Besides, I don't normally buy anything that isn't necessary, so I can do this with no issue at all." She stopped her stammering, replacing it were teary eyes and a stern lip.

"I'll pay you back! I promise dattebayo!" How someone could do such a dramatic emotional turn, I honestly have no idea, honestly it makes me wonder slightly at the integrity of her education. Broadly speaking, those who have such a scale of emotion are discouraged from being a shinobi. With her manner, to me, at least she seems almost split into two halves of a person. Her eyes flicked down with a giggle as I felt a tug on my pant leg.

Two bored looking black eyes reached me. "Tou-san, Yuko-chan is coming." He held up a worn female doll, made of wool and with one glass eye close to popping out, her stuffing poking out in places were the yarn had become thin. I know well enough he doesn't like going about without her, but she wasn't in good condition. With my last mission I'd taken being so long I had completely forgotten to repair her. Kakashi would be devastated if something happened to her while we were out, but I couldn't exactly tell him no.

"Ah, of course, can't forget Yuko-chan." Naruto-kun gave a skip and a hop over to the futon where she'd slept, gleefully pulling out the frog wallet I'd seen earlier. Smiling as she held the cute thing up with a waving hand.

"Nee, nee, Kakashi-chan, do you think Yuko-chan and Gama-chan could be friends?" I want to point at the fact that apparently I'd taken responsibility for two children rather then the one I'd naturally had. I strove this off with a sigh instead, barely though, seen as I certainly hadn't expected such a strong personality from an amnesic. That considered, at least her wallet had a name that she remembered. Maybe some things were coming back to her, it could be a time based matter, the longer, the more she recalls.