Chapter Three

I heard a whirring sound behind me, and whirled around. Daleks were coming at me and the Doctor.

"Dad! They're awakening! Something somewhere must have set it off!" I exclaimed, my father grabbed me.

He was a lot stronger than he looked.

He pulled me along, running until we were cornered by a door. They had trapped us.

The Doctor was speaking to someone, and the door finally opened, then shut when we were in the room.

We were safe. I sighed, and my father hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back, then he let me go and turned.

I turned as well. A dalek was in chains on the other side of the room.

"Torri, you don't need to hear this.." my father said sadly, then he waved his sonic screwdriver and I was no longer able to hear.

I sat down, watching my father talk, and the dalek move. I jumped when it broke out of the chains and moved towards my father, backing my dad up against the door. I relaxed when it went backwards, away from my father.

It stopped moving. My father returned my hearing, and we walked out of the room.

"I'm not going to ask what that was about." I said, and my father nodded down at me.

"That seems like a good choice." He said, right as Rory ran up to us.

"Rory! Where's Amy? I thought you two were together." I asked.

"We were, but the daleks got her." He said. "I couldn't get to her."

My father took off.

"Rory, get her out of the Asylum!" He yelled as he ran.

Rory grabbed my hand and ran with me back into the tunnels, and we heard an explosion from where we had just been, then tons further into the asylum.

When they stopped, Rory and I slowly walked back into the asylum, through tons of wreckage. I looked at the broken parts of daleks.

Rory looked at me, then back at the wreckage. "Who killed all the daleks?" he asked.

I was about to answer, but the Doctor walked out of the smoke, holding Amy in his arms.

"Who do you think?" He asked, and smirked a little.

Rory and I ran over. We grabbed onto the Doctor as we disappeared, back amongst the daleks that had sent us there.

"So, you didn't want our help. You just wanted to kill us." The doctor said. "We'll be going now!" He said, and we all dashed into the Tardis, and took off before the daleks could get in.

Rory took Amy and laid her on the floor, taking care of her.

I looked at my father, and walked over.

"Dad... Why are you acting like this?" I asked.

"Acting like what?" He sighed.

"Like that. Showing no emotion towards anyone." I asked.

He looked away, and I noticed a tear slide down his cheek.

"Dad, tell me." I said, turning him to face me. He hugged me, crying now.

"I was afraid to love you, because I've lost almost everyone else that I loved..." He whispered.

I rubbed his back.

"Rose... Donna, Martha, Jack... all of them..." He whispered. "Your mother."

At that, I began crying as well. "I wish I had known her." I whispered, and he kissed my forehead.

"It's okay. Just know that I loved her, and you." He said.

I heard Amy and Rory whispering behind us, but ignored it.

"We have two hearts, right?" I asked.

"Yes. What of it?" the doctor asked.

"We have two hearts so we can love more. But when our hearts break, we take twice the pain." I said.

He nodded. "That's true.. It's so true."

I straightened up, and we stopped crying.

 He nervously fixed his bangs as he turned the Tardis back to current time and we landed outside of Amy's apartment.

Amy and Rory smiled.

"We'll see you when you need us, Doctor." Amy said, and she ran out with Rory and into her apartment.

The Doctor smiled and waved, then closed the door. He looked back at me, then winked and began to start up the Tardis again.

I went over, and I immediately began to flick and switch and twist knobs and such, and we were off.

"So you really are my daughter, then." He smiled.

"I know how to work this, so I must be." I grinned, and he nudged me.

"So where do you want to go? He asked.

I shrugged.

"Dunno, dad. Maybe we can just hang out in space for a bit. I like the stars." I said.

He nodded. "Until someone somewhere needs us."

I looked outside after I opened the door.

I leaned on the white doorframe, staring up at the sky.

"So a thirteen year old time-lady." the Doctor said as he walked up beside me.

"Accurate. My friends would never believe me." I said, turning and smiling.

He hugged me. "Well, There aren't just us that know about time-travel. My previous companions know, their close friends and family know.."

"Yeah, Yeah. And I just found out today that I was an alien. How strange." I laughed.

"Well, we aren't aliens to ourselves. Humans are alien to us." He said.

"So everything that isn't it's own kind is basically an alien?" I asked.

"Precisely."

"How...wonderful.."