Chapter One

I laid on my bed, reading about nureophysics and such that was way beyond an eighth grader's mental skills.

My bed was a normal bed. I had known no other, besides the crib I had been born in. Even then, the crib was unclear. I just remember strange circular markings, and a peculiar device that twirled above me on it.

I had a small room in the large house that I lived in. It was the spare, the room no one used nor paid attention to. The Hamiltons were a rich, spoiled family that hated my guts. I didn't know why they adopted me in the first place.

I sat up when my door suddenly slammed open, closing my book and dog-earing the page.

"What are you doing?!" My adopted father, Frank, snarled. He was tall, around 6 feet, and had a very bushy handlebar moustache.

"I'm reading. What does it look like?" I retorted.

He snatched my book, and looked at the title, then growled, his dark, beady eyes glaring at me. "You're too young to understand all this, ya hear me?" He said, then looked to the corner of my room. I stood up, watching a blue box appear.

It was a british police call box, and had just appeared in my bedroom. I watched as the door opened, and laughed when Frank fainted. A man jumped out of the box and ran to him. "Are you alright?" The man asked after waving a glowing...screwdriver... over Frank. "I'm fine now! Get off me, you... whatever you are!" Frank exclaimed, getting to his feet.

My adopted mother, Lorie, was now in the doorway. "Who are you? Why are you here?" she asked, voice high and squeaky as usual, just like she was as a person.  She held a frying pan, and pulled Frank towards my bedroom doorway. I crossed my arms, then watched a young woman with red hair and a man with brown hair step out of the box. How large was that box?

The girl was the first to notice me. "Well then, hello! I'm Amy Pond, and this is my husband Rory." she said, smiling. She had a scottish accent. I was  a mere brit.

Rory smiled awkwardly at me, then looked at Amy. "Oh, and this is the Doctor." she added, and the man I saw a second ago turned around. "Ah! Yes, I am the Doctor!" He grinned.

"I'm Torri..." I said, looking them over.

Rory wore a plaid shirt and jeans and tennis shoes, Amy wore a black skirt, a red top, and black shoes, and the Doctor wore a tweed jacket, a white button up shirt, dress pants and shoes, and a red bow tie.

"Nice to meet you, Torri! Now, if you'll excuse us there was something I need-" the Doctor was cut off by Amy.

"Doctor... Doctor, go stand beside her for a moment." Amy said. She looked thoughtful.

I looked at the Doctor, and he smiled reassuringly.

I looked back at Amy. "What's the point of all this?" I asked.

Amy looked from me, to the Doctor. "Doctor, you two look... alike for some reason. It's creepy. We haven't met her before, but her resemblance to you is just odd." She said.

"That's rubbish, Pond!" The Doctor exclaimed, grabbing me by my shoulders. I yelped as he moved me in front of my mirror with him.

"See?" Amy asked, pointing at our reflections.

I stared. "No.. We don't, do we? I mean, I just met you.." I moved away from them.

Amy and Rory watched us. I really looked almost just like the Doctor. "I've never seen you two before in my life." I said.

The Doctor sat in front of me, inspecting me. "I swear, Amy. We aren't alike."

The Doctor pulled out the little tool I had seen earlier, and waved it around me. "what is that?" I finally asked.

"A sonic screwdriver. It unlocks doors and stuff. It's cool." He said. I didn't ask any more questions.

He looked at a tiny meter thing and I noticed him pale a fraction.

"Torri, where are your real parents?" He asked. Amy and Rory sat on either side of me.

"My mum is dead. My dad left." I said. "I never knew my dad. I just remember the crib."

Amy shot a look at the Doctor. "You lied to us. You said you had never had any kids, but oooh! You must have kept her here, and just left her! Just left her 'ere with these terrible people, did'n you?!"

The Doctor stood up. "I don't know that and so what if I lied!? What does it matter if I have a daughter or not?!'

"What does it matter?! Doctor, you obviouly had an affair thirteen years ago and now you meet your daughter and act like it's nothing!" Amy exclaimed.

"She isn't my daughter! She has to be a time-lord to be my daughter!" He said.

I stood up. "Enough! Okay, I don't know whose daughter I am! And I really don't care! But if it has anything to do with abnormal hearts, you've got me." I said.

"Abnormal heart? Doctor!" Amy said loudly. "You weren't the only one who had slept in that crib, were you!? Torri did too! She's a time-lady!"

"Amy, just calm down..." Rory said. I began pacing in the corner of my room until the Doctor grabbed me and pressed a tool to my chest. It was a stethoscope. He pressed it to the right side of my chest, then to my left. He blinked. "I..." He trailed off as Amy listened. Two hearts.

"Aha! So she is Gallifreyan!" Amy said happily, standing.

"Okay, Torri is my daughter. Are you happy now, Amy?" He asked. I was tossed a bag by Amy.

"Get to packing some clothes!" she said. I nodded and went to my closet, shoving clothes in my bag.

"Oh no, Amy, three people in the Tardis is enough. Besides, I am not taking my thirteen year old daughter on space trips with me!" the Doctor exclaimed.

I zipped up my bag. "Well I'm not staying in this dump." I said and walked into the police box.

"Doctor, I like your daughter." I heard Amy say after I put my bag down. I smirked.

"Whatever, Amy. Just don't go off and do anything dumb, like taking her to planet Midnight and getting stranded out there." my father said.

"I have a father.."  I whispered to myself. It felt so right.