Beginning

Hey guys,

Please pay attention here. I just found this account again and have been reading through everything I wrote. I just wanted to say that if you ever feel the way I did when I wrote some of that stuff, you should really look into getting some sort of therapy, because it's the best and bravest thing you could ever do for yourself. My life now is a constant state of joy, despite my continued struggle with mental health. I know that there are many things that can go through my brain that simply are not true and that's okay. I know what they are and I know I am strong enough to ignore all the thoughts that attack my brain. I have so many supportive friends and a really healthy, amazing relationship with the love of my life, who inspires me every day to be the best person I can be. I love what I do and I wouldn't change anything about my life for the world. I fall more and more in love with Jesus every day and he fills my life with blessings. 

So as I read through everything I wrote then, I felt as though I was reading something that someone else wrote. 

Going through my account, I found this entire book of unfinished poems I wrote a little later, and I think it's more indicative of how I see the world now. I'm just going to post it as my sixteen-year-old self would have wanted it, and not add my own additions in at all.  So, without further ado, here's what I thought about it: 

This is just a collection of poems I wrote over the summer and a little bit into the fall. It"s about dreams, but not really dreams in the traditional sense. I mean, I'm talking about the traditional dreams, but I am also talking about the things that we want most in life that go beyond the American dream, or the idealist's dream, or big picture sorts of things. I guess I'm also talking about the regular boring old day to day dreams, because those ones are more overlooked. The tiny little accomplishments that bring characters to the greater achievements. Either we all are heroes or none of us are.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my poems. Some of them really mean a lot to me, and come from a very private part of my heart, so thank you.

-Openureyesndream

In the real live world....

*Sorry if this intro is a little messy. I just wanted to get it all out there.