Five|| A Library Study Session [edited]

I woke up the next day, refreshed or that was what I had thought until Yeon-Seo came in and told me I was out for 3 days straight. "So, I was in a sleep coma and you didn't bother waking me up?", I asked, slightly annoyed as I sat up on my bed. "I wanted to but James insisted I let you rest. He said you needed resting and he was right, you need to sleep more often, Miss Lee." I sigh, knowing they spoke the truth.

I took a bite out of the stack of pancakes, Yeon-Seo had brought me. It made my eyes light up. "Am I in trouble?", I ask, nervously once I finish my plate and glass of water. "We just need to discuss your sleeping and eating schedule." I scoff, "So, I am."

She left the room, leaving me to shower, change into my school uniform and brush my hair. I made my way down the grand stairs, passing the grand hall and passing many rooms, entering the living room.

James and Yeon-Seo sat on the couch, sipping on tea. "You wanted to see me?", I say peeking through the doorway. "Good Morning, Miss Lee. Did you sleep well?", James asked calmly. "Yeah, a bit too well", I chuckle, making my way to a seat. I still had memories of the other night and spent a while thinking the terrible wave of misjudgement, applying zero wisdom that had been crammed into my head all my life. Well, I blame my 'fuck it' levels that are always high, period. I had an ear full from James and Yeon-Seo after they told me Zack dropped me off, explaining everything that happened that night.

"Now, you're sleeping and eating patterns." I groan and slump back into the couch. "Come on, guys. I've told you a bit about what I'm trying to do. I could help so many people", I argued. I see James nod and speak, "We understand that but you shouldn't die in the process." I shrugged it off, crossing my arms. "Listen, let's make a deal." Yeon-Seo proposed. I look at her, intrigued. "What kind of deal?"

"You have to sleep at least 6 hours every night and eat 3 meals a day. If you do that, we'll make your lab bigger. This way you can fit the proper equipment and you don't have to stay at the company." I almost jumped out of my seat in happiness but it quickly subsided. "6 hours?! That'll only give me exactly 18 hours to work!" Hearing this, James slams the table. I must've sounded crazy.

"Are you listening to what you're saying? Ji-Young, you can't even keep awake and you rely heavily on coffee to keep you awake. Damn, it's even replaced most of your meals. You need to sleep and eat or the strain you're causing to your body will eventually come back and bite you. It. will. Kill. you." He emphasized.

I slowly nod, processing everything he just said. "I'll try." I smile in which they returned, satisfied. "Then it's all settled." I squealed excitedly and threw myself at them, wrapping my arms around them. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!", I repeated over and over again. They chuckled and patted my head before I made my way to school.

When I got into school, I filled everyone in about my absence. Mira and Zack had filled me in on everything. I, however, wasn't ready to open up to them, something they completely understood and hoped I will sometime in the near future.

Hours run by quickly and school came to an end. The limo creaks to a stop not far from the Seoul Library. Mira had invited me to study with her and Zack. I swung the door open with a click and stepped out. My earphones hung from my ears as I scrolled through my phone with a lollipop in my mouth. "I could've driven you all the way to the library...miss", James said subtly. "It's fine. Just don't be late at the end of the day", I said gripping on my bag. I wore an oversized camel coat, wide-leg blue jeans, high-neck white sweater with chunky sneakers.

"Kyaa- it's Ji-Young-" I kept silent as I made my way to the building, respectfully smiling and other times nodding at fangirls/boys while they took pictures. But fame has its down-side, as I get to the top, as I shine more, the shadow gets bigger and it wants to consume me. But, it's important to remember to not lose yourself in the process.