8. You Are My Strength

Noah replied calmly, "what are you saying Kayla? Why would I do that? I want to talk to you."

I just couldn't believe a single word that he has said.

I just close my eyes slowly trying to prevent the tears from coming out. And he notices that, I guess and I felt his arms wrapping around me.

I wanted to push him away, and hit him. But I couldn't do any of it. I guess my need won over my anger. You are my strength Noah. I really need you. I don't want to admit it but oh God I need you.

We stayed like this for some time then, I just moved away from him. And I kept looking at the ground; actually I couldn't dare look at him. He lifts my face up by his soft fingers and he said caringly, "what happened, kiddo? Why are you so mad?" I said innocently, "you are going to leave Noah." He looked at me surprised for a moment and then he asked, "When did I ever mention that I was leaving?" I answered sadly, "Well that what happens all the time." He said, "but you can't compare me with the rest, cause I am different Kayla, trust me."

His words just brought so much comfort in me. Maybe I just needed these words coming out from his mouth. Or to be honest, I just needed his presence. I can't believe that I am that attached to a person, I haven't known him from long.

Noah noticed how I was relieved by those words, so he suggested, "I think you are a little better now, so how about doing something together?" I smiled at his craziness that has no time. I said, "So what's your plan?" He asked, "Can I come to your place?"

I actually had no problem with him coming to my place but it was really weird that he says that.

I said, "Ok, but what we will do there?" He asked dumbly, "do you have food at home?" I hit him and said, "Are you crazy? Of course we have." He said excitedly, "then very cool." He held my hand suddenly. And I looked at him weirdly, like what the hell are you doing, but I guess I loved that. He quickly began running, I don't know why we were running but it was fun. We arrived home, and he stopped me just before we enter. And he said shyly, "should I get in?" I said excitedly, "yes if course. Why not? "He just nodded and I dragged him to the inside. I just informed my parents quick. And during that time he was just standing in front of the door embarrassed. When I returned back to him, I saw him talking with rose.

But he didn't look happy at all, as he was always. He seemed not to care at all.

I tried to listen to their conversation but they were just so quiet. I came to them, and quickly rose left.

I knew that there was something wrong but I just couldn't say a thing, I felt that it is not my business.

Anyway I tried to break this tense moment and I asked, "So what was your plan?" A smile just formed on his face and he said excitedly, "can we do pizza together?" I said happily, "yes sure. That is the best thing you have ever said." And we laughed together and then we headed to the kitchen. We put on the ingredients on that counter and decided that we will make a barbeque pizza.

This is my favorite pizza. He didn't like it as much as I but I guess he wanted to make it for me.

He was assigned for making the dough and I was assigned to cut the peppers.

To be honest, I was never good at cooking. But I didn't want to show it. I washed the pepper and I began cutting it slowly as I was afraid that I would get my finger cut.

Noah finished the dough and did everything and I was still cutting the two peppers. When he saw that I was still cutting the pepper, he cried, "what the hell Kayla? You are still cutting it." I said confidently, "well I just like to do it professionally and want to take my time while doing it." He said sarcastically, "Oh yes of course you are the best cook in the whole world." Then he came just put his two hands on mine and began teaching me how to cut it.

I guess we were so in the moment that we didn't realize and we cut my finger, I just started to cry in pain.

And he kept apologizing. And then we started to put the components on the pizza and it really looked perfect and then we opened the oven and put it inside together.

And then we looked into each other's eyes so deeply and that's when I really felt safe.

Then rose came to the room in that moment she was shocked for a while and she just gave me a weird look.

I really didn't understand that then. Like why would you look at me like this, as if I take him away from you, well you made him that pissed off so you don't deserve to get his love and care.

I came back to reality and rose just asked Noah with full confidence, "Are you here to see me? Well I told you Noah, you should apologize." His face just turned to a frown again.

Well I hate you sis, I have just made him happy now. Noah then replied calmly, "why would I apologize when you were the one who upset me? I just came here to spend some time with Kayla." Then rose just gave a loud laugh. And she replied sarcastically, "you are here to spend time with Kayla? But who is Kayla's sister?" Noah said, "you are just so full of yourself rose." And then he leaves, I quickly ran after him but it was just too late I guess. I quickly turn to rose and said, " why did you do like this, rose?" Rose replied angrily, "well what's wrong with you, Kayla? He loves me so just get out of sight." I replied angrily too, "well it is none of your business." And then I remembered that the pizza is still in the oven. So I took it out quickly before it gets burned. And then I put it in a dish and headed outside in search for Noah.

Actually I had somewhere in my mind. And I was pretty sure that he was there.

I went to our meeting point and I saw him there on the swing again gazing at the ground. I stood in front of him and put the dish in front of his eyes. He looked up to see who it was. And I smiled at him and said, "I couldn't eat it with you plus I don't want to get sick alone." And then he laughed at my joke.

Oh god how I love his laugh.

He indicated with his hand for me to sit down next to him and I gladly sat. We began having our first piece.

The food was just magnificent I couldn't say more.

I just kept eating and eating.

I guess I finished the entire dish alone. And because I was clumsy I expected that I have messed up my face. But I didn't expect that he would remove these things with his soft fingers.

I just kept gazing at his beautiful eyes. And I felt so safe, safer than I could imagine. And just then, he realized I was gazing at him I guess so, he smiled at me and he said, "you know what Kayla?" I got embarrassed and then I said, "What?" Noah said, "I have a weird feeling."

Well my heart was just doing dub bub dub bub. It just couldn't stop. I don't why, well I already knew that it was one sided.