Chapter 3

The next morning was a cold Saturday. The cold didn't bother me much, because at least I didn't have to face Mr. Downey at school until Monday, although I knew that I had to eventually.

I couldn't help but wonder, if I would feel awkward, or if he was gonna make me horny again. I was thinking both.

I put on my crimson red jacket, with my white scarf, and I headed off to Starbucks, which is just down the street from my house. Pumpkin spice is in season again, and I've been craving one for ages.

Before I even got half way there, it started to snow and hail like the fucking Apocolypes. I was freezing my ass off, but I wasn't about to turn back, and not get my pumpkin spice latte, so I kept on walking, even though the force of the wind kept pushing me away.

In the midst of all the snow and hail, I saw two headlights shining in front of me. I slowed down, and made sure I was still on the sidewalk, since I couldn't see anything, but then the car slowly pulled over and stopped along side me.

I could see a man in a black leather jacket get out, and walk towards me. The closer he got to me, the more clearer he became, and when he was in arms reach of me, I saw that the man was Mr. Downey.

"Christie, I knew it was you. I recognized your long brown hair. What are you doing out in a storm like this?" He asked.

"I was just going to get a Starbucks. I live just down the street."

"There's no way I'm letting you freeze out here. Come on, I'll give you a ride the rest of the way."

He took my cold hand and led me to his car, and opened the door, like a gentlemen should.

His car smelt like fresh linen, and it was comforting and warm in there. My thought process on the other hand was completely the opposite. I was nervous around him, and as much comfort as this car had to offer, I could still sense that there was tension. So much for waiting until Monday.

"Thank you." I said as he got into the car.

"No problem." He said, as he looked at me with a sexy little grin.

We got to Starbucks, and he decided to come in with me and order something.

"I think I'll just get a hot chocolate." He said, looking up at the menu.

His eyes were looking at the menu, but mine were still glued to him, admiring his beautiful profile.

When we got our order, we walked over to the booth, nearest to the wall, and we sat down across from each other.

"So how are you liking your pumpkin spice?" He asked.

"Oh cut the crap Mr. Downey. Are we just not going to talk about what happened yesterday."

"Christie, I already told you, I don't know what I was thinking yesterday. It's just when I saw you in that skirt, I just.......I just wasn't myself ok? I'm really sorry if you thought I was taking advantage of you."

"It's ok Mr. Downey, I-"

"Robert." He said, cutting me off. "You can just call me Robert outside of school.

We smiled at each other for just a moment, but in that moment, everyone, and everything around us, ceased to exist. For that moment, it was just he and I in that restaurant. I took that chance to examine every single detail of his face. The little wrinkles he had beside his eyes as he smiled, his cute little nose with the pointy tip, the different shades of brown that illuminated his eyes, his glistening lips, everything.

We stayed there in that booth, for what seemed like hours. Talking, laughing, sharing stories, admiring each other. I could've stayed there all day, listening to him ramble on and on about his life as a teenage boy. It kind of made me wish that I had known him back then. Maybe, he would've been my sweetheart, that I could share my American Dream with. But life didn't bring me that gift. All I could be grateful for, was that I knew him, and that he was there, sitting in front of me, in his perfect way.