Chapter 1: new town new neighbors

You nervously drove your boat on looking right at the road the the drowsy Sunday morning sun glistening through the water. The movers had already brought your boxes and furniture, all you had to do was just go there. Why were you nervous? Well even though you're house was alone and by itself on a quiet street, you had never really been away from home, like this especially for big city fish like yourself it was strange to be in a more quiet town like bikini bottom. You parked your boat and you grabbed your bag. You hopped out of your boat to see your house, it was a bit of a fixer upper, your house was made from what looked like hard grey stone and colourful decorative stones. despite the colour contrast between the rocks and stone, it actually looked pretty cool, even though some parts of it were cracked and falling apart. You sighed as you wondered how in the world you would be able to fix the big cracks in the foundation with practically no money. Oh yeah, you didn't have a job either, you facepalmed and shook your head. You really should have thought this through, but you were just so ecstatic to live on your own that you didn't really think about all the other stuff.

You place your bag down inside the house and looked around, the furniture was there but there was still boxes of stuff that had your paintings, books and the rest of the decor. You decided to hunker down and unpack them.

" ah crap" it was 1pm and you still weren't done . You plopped down on your couch, but before you could wallow in your laziness you heard a voice from outside your door "spongebob I don want to meet another possible nincompoop and-" the naisly voice was cut of by another high one which was most likely spongebob " oh come on squidward, it's always nice to introduce yourself to someone new! Especially a new neighbor!" You heard another deep voice say "yeah!" Enthusiastically. "Shit there's three of them?" You heard you're doorbell ring and you got up and hesitantly opened the door.

In front of you there was a quiet divers trio of sea creatures. A sponge on the left, a star fish in the right and a tall squid in between them. Before you could even get a word in you head a " Hello there!" You mached the voice to the face almost instantly, the apparent spongebob was the sponge...wow wouldn't the name clue you in on that?? Anyway, spongebob continued " we heard you were new here so me and my friends wanted to drop by! I'm spongebob, that's squdward, and that's Patrick!" Of course the squid was squidward, and the deep voice you heard must have been the sea star, Patrick. 

Patrick gave you a goofy wave and a smile while squidward sighed and stepped back " we said hello, can I go now?" You were slightly taken aback by his brash tone but ultimately weren't surprised, he did really seem unenthusiastic about being there. Spongebob grabbed squidwards arm and gave him a slightly sad smile and motioned for him to stay. He sighed reluctantly and said "fine" under his breath. "Well, it's nice to meet you three.." you said slowly " I'm (y/n) I moved here from new kelp city..", "woah new kelp city! You must be a star!" Sponge bob beamed, "new kelp city where's that?" Patrick said with a puzzled expression on his face. Squidward stayed quiet but he had a more intrigued look now rather than a sour one. " well I mean, I'm no big shot, I just grew up there..." you trailed off "if you were living in a place like that why would you move here of all places?" Squidward said, finally making eye contact with you "well it's kinda a long story.." you chuckled rubbing the back of your neck, "don't worry, we got the time! Right guys?" Squidward gave a huff and crossed his arms ,and Patrick gave a chuckle and almost yelled out another " yeah!!". You gave an awkward smile "heh, well if that's case, I should invite you inside".

After spending an hour or so telling the trio tales about rivals, acting classes, traffic, and every other reason you left the big city. You noticed their reactions, spongebob looked completely blown away, squidward looked interested, and Patrick... was asleep. "Wow (y/n)! You're life is interesting! I'm so glad you choose to live here now though!" Spongebob smiled childishly while squidward nudged Patrick attempting to wake him up, which he did. " yeah it was nice of you guys to come and talk to me! I didn't expect people who were this friendly" " well that's what neighbors do right?" Sponge bob tilted his head his smile softened " wait, neighbors?" You did here them talk about that when they were outside your door. "We live down the street from you" squidward said his arms crossed. Spongebob kept his warm smile "and if you ever need help with anything, just walk on down the street ask any one of us!" The trio was ready to leave Spongebob helping a sleepy Patrick get up. He waved goodbye to you as he walked out the door.

you sighed "I guess having neighbors like them will hopefully give me a better experience than the ones back home in new kelp"  You paused and looked at all the boxes that still needed unpacking. You got a quick idea and stopped squidward right at the door before he could leave, "hey squidward?" He stopped in his tracks and jolted a bit, turning around. You spoke out a soft " spongebob said I could ask any three of you if I needed help right?" Squidward just sputtered in response, "that's good, because I need help unpacking some of these boxes" sure you didn't really give him a choice, but spongebob and Patrick already left and there was no way in hell you were spending another three hours on those stupid boxes, you felt a bit bad but, you had already asked. Squidward paused, then sighed, then looked at his watch. "Well, I mean,it's only 2:30 so... sure" he grumbled and stepped back inside. "Thanks! I was thinking we could start with the boxes over there.."

(Sorry that this first chapter was a short one the next one will be longer, I'm gonna try to make the upload schedule, two chapters every two days, hopefully that's ok)