Report 2: Meeting

Samara hopped up from her seat, sliding past the large news desk. 

   "Alroth! The weather segment is on in ten minutes!"

   In a nearby room, there were two men inside: One being Felix, who wore a grey suit and had slick platinum blonde hair, and Alroth, a man who's suit was on fire. A reptilian tail and horns poked out of him. Felix heard Samara's voice, groaning with a sigh. 

   "Woah, shark week back on?" the man in the fire suit chuckled. 

   "It's meeting day," the suited man said. "Lucifer, I hate Mondays..."

   "Ah, come on Felix, she won't fire you. She hasn't done it to me yet-"

   "ALROTH, GET YOUR FLAMING ASS OVER HERE, BEFORE I ACTUALLY FIRE YOU."

   Alroth got up, his smile dented. "I f***ng hate Mondays."

   Felix nodded, watching the large man leave. He stepped out the room right after him, seeing Samara already heading down the hall.

   "Felix, pick up the pace! You're lucky you're my assistant, or else you'd be begging on the streets and sucking off random demons for money."

   Samara flipped her long black hair, heading into a room with a large table. A woman and two men sat at it. She walked up to the board at the end, setting down a stack of papers.

   "Motorus, what were our ratings this morning?" she asked.

   A tall male with iridescent blue eyes stood up, holding a paper.

   "Still about 1,348,898,789 demons check in daily."

   "Are you serious!?"

   Everyone looked at her strangely.

   "Excuse me, Ms. Slaughter?"

   "That's too low! There are about 5,894,384,456 demons and counting in Hell, and we need at least 3 billion watching!"

   Samara slammed her hands on the table.

   "We need the most exclusive story ever. We need.. to interview a gang."

   The demons stared at her in shock and disbelief.

   "A g-gang?" the woman asked.

   "A gang! Gang violence has become the hot topic since Satan cracked down on his laws. If we can find a gang, we could see how they work, and possibly, of we're lucky, interview the Devil himself!"

   "Samara... this is crazy," Motorus said.

   "You're crazy for passing up this opportunity! I, Samara Slaughter, volunteer to get the juiciest story that this Inferno has ever seen!"

   The demons stared at her, the other male standing up. He looked like a shadow, his yellow eyes only visible in the light.

   "Ms. Slaughter. You understand the consequences of your actions, correct?" he asked.

   The pale faced woman looked at him. Her smile faltered, but ended up nodding. 

   "Alright then. We'll see what we can do. Poppy, schedule an appointment," he told the seated woman.

   When Samara heard those words, she couldn't be any happier. Neither could Felix.