Chapter 8: September

Things were going good. I was keeping up with school, the crew were staying out of trouble, no fights, family was good, and life was just going so smoothly. There was no room for negativity.

Poetry class today was going to be interesting. Mr. Warner announced last week that our first assessment would be enjoyable and freeing. I'm so anxious today to find out the topic for our assignment.

The room began to fill with familiar faces, Mr. Warner stuck to his word. He actually made us change seats every two weeks, and now the class felt secure as a whole. This week I didn't end up next to Shawn, which bummed me out a little. He was looking adorable today. His hat was covering the pushed back hairstyle underneath, his hoodie was huge but fitted him so well, and his grey sweatpants sent me through the roof, only because of his print.

Mr. Warner walks in and takes a seat amongst the group circle.

"Okay class, your big assignment is finally here. For this, I want you all to talk about 'love'. How did you experience love, was it good or bad? Did it make you feel on top of the world, or did it crush you? Or maybe, is it tugging at you? I want your hearts to be in this, and don't worry about anyone repeating anything. If that happens then, 1: that person is ugly and 2, well lets not see 2." He paused, catching his breath.

As he began speaking again giving the last bit of information, I glanced over at Shawn. He was deep into what our teacher had to say. The way he sat upwards so strong, made me squeal inside.

I heard he'd actually ended things with Olivia a minute back. I'm proud because her true colors came out after our first meet. The bitch was a weirdo. She believed whatever she said wasn't wrong. Chelsea almost laid hands on her for saying racist statements, but my girl wasn't getting suspended for a lowlife.

Lunch came around and I decided to end my day early at school. I took an uber ride home, first stopping at Mark's Deli. Quickly I grabbed a box of vanilla wafers, payed for it, then bounced.

I rated the uber driver a five star. He was cool peoples, and i know it takes guts to do his job. Mofos crazy now-a-days.

"Hey Legend" a voice raised from behind me.

Following the voice, it had came from Stinky. He was standing on the sidewalk in front of my house.

"Hey Stinky. What're you doing here?" I said

"Nothing special. Was just taking a walk. Why you home so early?" He questioned.

I turned around to unlock my front door. "I decided to cut my day short from school."

"Can I come in?" He asked, slowly walking towards me.

I looked him up and down, feeling that spark his presence always gives. Whether he know it or not, but Stinky is my boo. I waved him to come in, and he was quickly right behind me.

"You want something to eat?" I said, closing the door behind him.

He shook his head no, as he flopped onto the couch.

"Well turn the tv on. Find something interesting to watch." I said, scooting in close to get underneath his arm. He wrapped his arm around me while flicking through channels.

"Oooou, lets watch 'Are You The One'" I excitedly blurted out.

'Are You The One' was now playing and we just watched in awe. It was so cute how these people were forming genuine connections, but soon be heartbroken when they have to mingle with others. Its good though that they can learn not to get attached so quick, and instead explore their options while still mingling.