Chapter 9: November (Monday)

Lately, Shawn and I have been hanging with one another a lot. Tay began catching the hint of what Shawn and I were, but he was the only one who knew. I told my parents that he was just a new friend from school, I left it simple because I wasn't sure where things were going between us. He took me to the movies, the park, even to Miami beach a few times. Shawn treated me good.

Tonight, there was a getty on his side of town and he wanted me to come. Of course I told him that I'd go. I needed to make sure my outfit was on key. It was going to be hot tonight so I most definitely brought out the shorts. Yellow was my color and I had the perfect shirt. I threw a pair of black shorts on that made my butt pop, and all black Birkenstock with no socks. I have pretty feet so there wasn't anything to be worried about.

"And where do you think you're going tonight?" Tay said, as he entered our bedroom.

"Shawn invited me out to a getty tonight." I replied.

Tay scanned me up and down, "Don't you think your under dressed? Where is the jewelry?"

I gazed at myself in our full body mirror that sat up against the wall. Honestly, I thought my outfit looked fine, accessory or not. However, Tay was right when it came to fashion even if it was simple pieces of clothing, he could turn it out.

Listening to Tay, I got my accessories together and began putting them on. I slid my earrings in their designated spot, threw my diamond necklace around my neck, and added my favorite wrist-let. 

"How is this?" I asked Tay, showing him the final outcome of my outfit.

He looked me over once more to make sure everything was good. He threw a thumbs up.

"Much better bro, now you look almost like me" He laughed.

Sucking my teeth I went to check my phone, and saw that Shawn texted me that he was outside. I shoved Tay out my way and ran for the front door. My parents were outside relaxing on the porch, so there was no need for me to lock the door.

"Legend who is that?" My dad questioned me

"Just a friend, I'll be back later tonight. Going to a getty." I said, while quickly moving away from them and heading for Shawn's car.

I climbed in the passenger seat and was greeted with pearly white teeth.

"Hi" Shawn said, eyeing me down. "You look really nice Legend."

My face couldn't help the clownish smile that was forming on my face. "Thank you, you look pretty chill"

Shawn really wasn't a sight for sore eyes tonight. He basically had the typical outfit he usually wears to school. Sweatpants and a hoodie. Like damn, if thats the case then I wonder how everyone else at the party is dressed.

"Should I wave at your parents or" Shawn started before I interrupted him to just leave.

The car ride to the party was nice. We both made small talk here and there. I learned that he has an older sister in college and a brother his age, but he doesn't live with him. I also learned that his mother stepped out on them and it was just their father raising him and his sister. If you ask me, I believe he did a good job raising Shawn at least.

The houses we passed were extremely huge and pretty. The next house we pulled up to was packed with car outside, all lined up on the curb and driveway. Shawn managed to get a parking spot close by the house, but we still had to walk.

The house was packed and reminded me of the house parties on my side of town. Instead, it was just filled with white people, a few black and hispanics here and there. They sure enough were rowdy in here and i don't know why I'm acting new, as if this was my first party.