Chapter 5 - A Quick Break

Emilia and Bob were in the middle of a park, taking a break from all of the lost memories. Emilia had just managed to recover his memory and needed a break from helping everyone out. Initially, she had been planning to go with Jimmy, but he was busy helping Carly remember, so promised to meet up with her later instead.

Bob ran off and decided to climb up a tree. However, the tree had no beaches low enough and he wasn't a squirrel, so he slid back down almost instantly.
"Oh my a-goodness! Why can't I climb this tree?? Squirrels do it all the time!" He laughed while being confused.
Emilia face palmed.

~ Meanwhile.. ~

Jimmy and Carly were sitting in a tree. He was trying to remind her of all the good times they'd had like birthdays, Christmases, New Years, and just really fun days.
"Remember on your birthday when you and H played a prank on me and Emilia to get us together?" Jimmy said, "I know I didn't enjoy it, but you did."
Carly smiled as if trying to remember, but Jimmy could tell she had no idea.
"Oh! Remember Comic Con? That was fun! You and Tea Party got your Halloween costumes at that Little Witch Academia stall? Then you ended up buying cake, I'm pretty sure. Pearl spent forever reading that leaflet."
Now Carly seemed more aware of what he was talking about, but she still wasn't sure.
"Hmm.. oh! Remember the previous two Christmases at my house?? We played Hide 'n' Seek in 2016, and we met that Skeletor guy last year. Last year being like two months ago.."
"Look Jimmy, I get that you're trying to jog my memory, but it's not working. I kind of remember you, but I don't remember those times. The only time I can remember is our joint birthday party that pretty much just happened where we all breathed helium and our voices sounded funny. Haha, good times," Carly smiled.
Jimmy felt disappointed but also glad, "Well, I'm glad you're happy as always and that you stayed the same person you've been for as long as I've known you. You being happy has always made me feel the same. You're great. Nothing can change that."
"Thanks," smiled Carly, "Hey! Let's go to the beach near here. Didn't my dad and Emilia day they'd meet us here?"
"Oh yeah! We should probably get going."

Jimmy leapt from the tree, took Carly's hands and helped her down. They then skipped out of the parking, laughing along the way.

~At the beach~

"So, when did we say we'd meet them?" Bob asked, cheerily.
"About now. They'll be here literally any minute," Emilia replied, not really paying attention. Instead, she was on one knee, looking out across the sea.

Not long after, Jimmy and Carly arrived at the beach.

"Hey, Emilia!" Carly chirped and skipped over to her.
"Oh, uh, hi," she replied, "I assume you have your memory back?"
"Pretty much," Jimmy beamed, "That park really reminded her of her childhood as we walked here. She kept pointing stuff out like, 'this is where me and Pearl used to play, H would just watch' yada, yada. It was nice to hear."
"Well, that's great," said Emilia, flatly.
"Are you okay?" Carly asked.
Emilia looked at her, "Yeah, why?"
"Well, you seem kinda down."
"I'm fine. Just.. I dunno. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss seeing H and my sister together. She's so bored and H is kinda different without her."
"Wow, that's new," Jimmy laughed, "Well, it'll be okay. It always ends up okay."

Jimmy and Carly put their arms around Emilia and they all sat together watching the sun set above the sea.
_______________________________________________

Author's Note

Hi! Sorry I took so long. Whoops. Anyways, I like this chapter but at the same time I don't. I guess it just feels like something's missing. Oh, I know what it is. The memories! Ahahahahahhaha, I'm so funny. 😗 *crickets chirping*

Welp, see ya!

-KP x