A fresh start..?

A small figure entered the school, his gaze drifting around the crowded hallway.
The door behind him closed, the sound alerting the other people around him.
He heard the hallway go silent as each person slowly pulled their gaze to him.
Their judgmental gazes.
Really people are supposed to use all their senses to judge people by. But these people, they judged merely by sight.
And they already hated him.
He adjusted his mask before making his way forward. He heard whispering as he walked past everyone else. They were talking about him. There was no questioning that.
But this was nothing knew.
This was the same reaction he always gets.
He paused, knowing he'd have to ask for directions. His gaze drifted past the people around him, all of them breaking eye contact as soon as he made it.
He carefully made his way over to a random person, tapping their shoulder once he reached them. "What?" They turned to him, not immediately noticing who it was. They froze, realizing it was him.  They obviously started examining his facial features.
"Can you tell me where locker 356 is?" He asked. His speech was slightly slurred- for reasons unknown to others.
Their eyes drifted past him as they raised their arm to point past him.
He noticed they were shaking, as if they were scared.
Was he intimidating or something?
He turned his head, examining the lockers across the hall.
....354, 355, 356, 357....
"Ah. Thank-" He looked back to the person, finding they had moved. "..you.." he frowned under his mask as he looked back and forth. They had disappeared into the crowd.
He sighed before turning and making his way to his locker. Once he reached his locker, he allowed his bag to droop off his shoulder, and hit the floor with a soft thud.
He grabbed a crumpled paper out of his pocket, unfolding it.
It was his locker combination. He had gotten this before coming for his first day. He thought it would be easier to already have it. And he was right.
He had to try a few times before finally putting the combination in correctly. He had honestly expected to be shoved into a locker, or have people yell at him when he walked into the school. But, that hadn't happened. These people seemed almost scared of him.
He probably just needed to give that time though.
Time before people would want to hurt him.
Time before that happened again.
The bell rang right as he was about to grab his bag. 
Great.
He picked up his bag, shoving it into his locker. A few things spilled out as he did so, but he didn't particularly care. He emptied the bag out a little more, making his schedule fall out.
He grabbed it, looking over the classes listed on it. It took him a few seconds before he located his first class.

Social studies.
He'd shove the paper into his pocket before closing his locker. He glanced around noticing almost everyone was gone from the hallway.
Then the second bell rang. He was gonna be late. Fantastic.
He scanned the class rooms, trying to locate his class. After a few minutes he finally found it. No one had bothered to help him. I guess everyone was already in class anyways.
He took a deep breath before opening the door. He stepped in, interrupting the teacher mid sentence. He paused in front of the door, examining the classroom and the people in it. The room was decorated with many things. Paper crafts mainly. The thing that caught his eye, was a large heart shaped rainbow poster. It said 'Love is Love' on it. That was nice to see.
Almost all the students were wearing t-shirts and jeans. Bland clothing.
Someone in the back caught his eye. He couldn't see their face, but they had nice looking clothes.He looked to the teacher, who gave him a friendly smile before gesturing for him to come over to her desk. He carefully walked over to their desk, and they stood up.
She had long brown hair, which had flower hairpins all along it. Her green eyes complemented her hair color. She wore a light pink t-shirt and jeans. People didn't seem to wear interesting clothes in this school.
She put her hand on his shoulder, looking to her students.
"Alright everyone, today we have a new student." She hummed cheerfully "Would you care to introduce yourself?" She looked to him.
He paused, examining the classroom for a second. He then slowly nodded.
"..My name is Tord...Tord Larkson." He said, continuing to scan the room. He started to hear people whispering. The teacher shot her class a glare before sitting back down.
"Go find an empty seat. And ignore the others." She said, gesturing to the desks. He took a step forward, noticing an empty desk almost immediately. He'd make his way past the other people, sitting down at the empty desk.
He was in the second row from the back. He had wanted to be in the back- but this would have to do.
"Alright. So, today we're gonna be doing.."
She paused, scanning over the classroom. "..a group project!"
The classroom was suddenly filled with disappointed voices and upset groans.
Someone raised their hand, and the teacher gestured for them to speak.
"Do we get to pick partne-" They started to ask, but she cut them off.
"No." She said firmly. "You'll be in groups of two. And I will pick them."
More disappointed voices could be heard saying stuff like,
"Aww, come on!"
"Seriously?"

"Not again..!"
The teacher rolled her eyes before she started to list off partners for the project.
Finally, she got to Tord.
"And Tord... you'll be with...." She paused, scanning the room.
It seemed everyone had been put together already. Well, everyone except for the person in the back. Or rather, the person right behind him. 
"Tom."
Tord turned his body in his chair, locking eyes with the boy behind him.
Or rather, locking eyes with two voids.