Arranged

'NO I'm not doing it!!!!' I all but screeched.

'Putar you have to before your Nana passed away he promised you to his brother's son.' My father tried reasoning with me. Hah like hell id bloody agree!

'But I don't want too! Plus he's mom's cousin which makes his like my uncle!!' I said more calmly

'You have to do this and according to shariah there is nothing wrong with that, and you know that, look just do this for us putar.' again my father with his reasoning and damn I knew that, but there's still no way.

'Abu, I'm 17 and he's 24, I'm not ready!' I yelled.

'Your mother has already agreed to it kiddo, you know how she is with traditions, just please agree to this, for our sake well loose our izat (reputation).'

'But dad I can't, I haven't even finished school, I'm going to be a senior when I go back!!'

'Aminah, you will do this for us, we are your parents and we know what's best for you, understand?' My mother said in a deathly calm voice

'Ammy I know your dad wanted this but you can't be serious!' Again I shouted, I should probably calm down, it's not helping the situation.

'It is not a joke, young lady you will get married, your fiancé has permitted you to finish high school and attended college, samajgey .' this time there was a slight bit of annoyance in her voice. Huh so I I'm annoying her well that's awesome, she's sending her 17 year old daughter to go get married and she's annoyed that I'm protesting!!!.

'Yes mom I understand.' I whisper, I'm not getting out of this but they should know they've lost their daughter.

This is actually based on a true story well sort of, my mom was tellling me about someone and i was like hey i could right a book about that, so that is why said book is here!!!

Hope you stay tuned.

XOXO HuMz

Just realised that not everyone will understand some words so; Putar means Son/Daughter, Nana is your mom's dad, Shariah is Islamic Law and Samajgey means 'do you understand?' i'll probably have more words alot wont understand but dont be alarmed, i will serve as a translater for you all xx