17

Aaryan lived in a big house beside a beautiful lake which had a good view. He mostly sat there looking out. It would help him to breathe and to be happy. His parents would also join him and they would talk to each other, spending their time at home. He was a very good son and loved his family more than anything else. He used to dress up in a simple way. Those who saw him said he never wanted to show off anything to anyone. His parents were happy about having a wonderful son, though he would be naughty sometimes and they wanted him to be with them forever. The next day he was home when Michael and the others came to visit him. It was a surprise for him. He welcomed them all, "Bhaiyya, good to see you home. Hey Ricky, hello Michelle, hello uncle. Hello, Adam". "Sorry for that day Aaryan". "Forget it, I'm good", he said with a smile. "Hello Jennifer", he welcomed her but she ignored her and soon his smile faded away. Nobody liked what she did so Michelle decided to talk for him as she did. "Didn't you hear him?", she asked in an angry tone. "Hello," said Jennifer looking at Aaryan. "Please sit", he said and they all sat down. They had actually come home to make things right between Jennifer and Aaryan. Aaryan had told his parents about all that happened. Michelle said everything to her family too. Before anyone else spoke Aaryan apologized to Jennifer but she was so rude. "Jennifer, sorry if I've hurt you". "It's not ok. How can you say sorry as if I should forget everything like nothing ever happened". "Jenny behave!", said, Michael. "Stop it, Mike! I know what I'm saying. I really have no idea why we came here. Sir, Ma'am, why would you send your son to college when he's already passed out? He's such trouble for me and won't allow me to take the class. Apologizing after being a nuisance isn't a solution to this". "You won't see me in college again. Don't worry". "So? I'm not talking to you and don't interrupt me". Jennifer was out of control. "Don't you feel ashamed to have a son like him? He's the worst person I've ever known after my husband's stepsister". Nobody could hear anything much from her. There was an awkward silence and Aaryan who was so depressed about her thought to open up about his heart condition. "I won't be a problem for you anymore. My time here is almost done". His parents began to cry and the others were feeling sad. Jennifer looked at them but couldn't understand why everyone felt bad. "Aaryan I told you, you will live", said Michelle. "Michelle, you are a blessing, bhaiyya, Ricky do you know what she said to me? She offered me her heart, that I could have it. She is ready to go if something happens to you, Ricky. I told her no but she won't listen to me. I've never seen anyone like her. She's ready to give me a new life when she would lose you, you're her life, Ricky. I purposely made up things so people would hate me so that nobody would remember me when I'm gone, except my dad and mom. But now I realize I've all of you, I've lost in life but you guys won my heart, especially you Michelle. Thank you for being there in my hard times. Michelle, bhaiyya, Adam, Uncle, thank you and mom and dad...I love you". He broke down to tears and ran inside to where he was before they came home. "Aaryan please...", Michelle got up and ran behind him. Michael apologized to his parents, "Uncle, Aunty, I'm sorry for all of this. We brought her here to end the problems between them but she was so rude and she shouldn't have said all that. Really sorry". "Its okay Michael", said Aaryan's dad. "Jennifer, you might not know but my son is a heart patient. He doesn't have much time and we are blessed to have a son like him. We want him if we have the next birth. He's a very good man. Please don't judge him without knowing him". At that moment Jennifer was broken into a million pieces and felt so guilty for what she had said about him. Soon they heard Michelle scream, "Aaryan!!! Bhaiyya....help!!!! Aaryan....". They ran there and found him lying on the floor. Michael took him to his car and drove as fast as he could while the others followed him. 

At night, Michelle, Ricky, and Jennifer were home while the others were at the hospital. Everyone stopped talking to Jennifer after all that she had said to Michelle and Aaryan. Now the very sight of Jennifer irritated Michelle so much. She was sitting in the same room with them. Michelle who was sitting with Ricky got up and pulled Jennifer from the couch and dragged her to the room, pushed her inside and locked the door. "Open the door!!! Please!!!", Jennifer screamed banging the door but she didn't care and walked back to Ricky. "Michelle, what are you doing?" "I don't wanna see her face". "Then ignore her, why would you lock her up. Go and open that door". "No, I won't do it. I've lost it all Ricky. I might murder her if I look at her". "What happened to you?" "You're the only one I have. I don't wanna lose you. I love you", she said and cried out her pain that she was holding through all this time. "I love you too", said Ricky wrapping her inside his arms. He was crying too. They loved each other but had to accept the reality that they couldn't be together for a lifetime. Both of them slept off on the couch after an hour. A while later John and Michael walked into the house and saw both of them sleeping. He didn't wanna wake them up, so he went to their room and took the blanket. He walked near them, covering them up and swayed his hands over them. "Good night" he whispered and walked off to his room. He found the door was locked from outside. When he opened it, he saw Jennifer sitting on the bed. She was tired of crying. Her face had turned red as a result of crying for hours. She looked at him but he ignored her walking to the bathroom to take a shower. After that, he came back and laid down on the bed turning the lamp off. She sat there all night in the dark. 

Months later, everyone was at Michael's home. Everyone included Sidharth, his mother, Aaryan, his parents, Kabir, his wife and daughter, Michael, and his family. It was Ricky's birthday, he wanted to celebrate it as he knew he wouldn't live to have another birthday. He insisted on getting a Red Velvet cake as it was Michelle's favorite and so Michael bought one from Ricky's pastry shop. "Happy Birthday to you..." they sang the song and wished him, cutting the cake pieces Ricky gave it to everyone and the others gave it to him. Ricky's condition was so bad that he would leave them any moment and so was Aaryan. Aaryan was admitted to the hospital months before because of Jennifer but he was allowed to go home marking the last few months of his life. Ricky and Aaryan were the sweetest people ever. They were so brave, happy to die and they didn't care about their disease rather enjoyed every bit of their moments with their dear ones. Nobody was still talking to Jennifer except Ricky and Aaryan as they didn't wanna go with hatred in their heart. They had lunch together after that and shared some memories by talking to everyone. Ricky was supposed to be at the hospital for his chemotherapy. He took some time to come home as he didn't want his birthday to be at the hospital. Michael was leaving the house with Ricky, that was when Aaryan fainted. His parents rushed towards him but he was unconscious. Ricky and Aaryan were taken to the hospital. "We need to do it immediately if not then he will not survive", said the doctor to Michael and Aaryan's parents. "Give me a minute," said Michael and went to Michelle who was at Ricky's room. When Ricky saw Michael, he was ready to tell her everything. "Michelle, I need to hear your goodbye to me". "What?" "Ricky has decided to give his heart to Aaryan. All procedures were done before. This is the time". "Bhaiyya, what are you talking?" "Michelle, I promised Aaryan I will do this and you both are really good. I want you to live your life. We all know that I don't have much time, which means I have just a few days". "Few days?" "Yes, Michelle, he's not lying to you", said Michael. "I wanna do something good before I go and that is to give a new life to Aaryan". Michelle hugged Ricky and began to cry. "Please don't leave me, Ricky, I can't live without you. Please, Ricky...I love you" They couldn't bear to see this. "I love you too baby, let me go. I will be with you forever". Ricky gave his last kisses to her. Michael touched Michelle on her shoulder but she couldn't let go of her love. "Let me go, please love", he said. "I love you", she said to him again. "I love you too", he replied. That was their goodbyes to each other. Ricky had a healthy heart so he decided to give it to Aaryan. His mom and the others did not stand against his last wish and now Michelle stood by him too. Ricky was taken to where Aaryan was. Everyone had bid his their goodbyes. Diana was heartbroken to lose his only son. Michelle was holding his hand all the way as she knew he wouldn't feel her the next time. The doors closed behind her. She was dead, she knew that she could never see Ricky again. Michael could feel her pain. Suddenly Michelle ran out of the hospital and Michael ran behind her. "Michelle...stop...Michelle", he screamed but she continued to run as far as she could.