Finding a new home

The sun rises slowly over the horizon as a red pickup truck slowly cruises down the road. Emma sits in the drivers seat trying to stay awake "trixie I don't know what I'm going to do we're almost out of gas" she quickly glances over her shoulder to look at her sleeping brother. The book sized metallic box beeps before talking "according to my data base there should be a town just ahead" Emma watches the road carefully. As the truck turns a curve a small town surrounded by big gate comes into view. She stops her truck in front of the gate "I hope these people are nice or I'm dead" Emma gets out of the truck grabbing her brother from his booster seat in the back. A middle age man appears on the top of a tower next to the gate "who are you, did the raider camp send you here" he seems very angry.

Emma holds her brother close worried "sir I'm just looking for a place to stay with my little brother and I'm almost out of gas" Emma stands behind her open truck door

Emma holds her brother close worried "sir I'm just looking for a place to stay with my little brother and I'm almost out of gas" Emma stands behind her open truck door. The man looks at Emma intensively "how do I know I can trust you"
Emma tapped her foot on the ground thinking. Trixie beeps "Emma maybe you should just leave" the man looks around trying to find where the voice came from. Emma becomes concerned "Trixie shhh" Emma pulls trixie off of her belt and puts her in the truck closing the door. The man looks at Emma "who was that" he points a gun at Emma. Emma looks at him "it was just a radio put the gun down your going to scare my brother" Emma hugs her brother close. The man puts the gun down "nick open the gate" the gate opens and the gets off the tower. Emma puts Scott into his booster seat then drives the truck through the gate way then parks and gets out putting her truck keys in her pocket locking the truck. The man walks up to Emma as the gate closes "do you have any weapons with you" The man looks at scott through the window of the truck. Emma side steps to block his view of scott "I have some guns and ammo in the back of the truck" the man looks at Emma.

He man smiles "your very protective of your brother I like that, we're not going to take your stuff or hurt you or your brother" Emma relaxes alittle