Chapter 4: Six months, fifteen days

Its been 3 days since I lost my shit in the park.

Turns out I broke my right hand and have to wear a stupid cast for 3 weeks.

After coming back from the hospital that night, I went home with Brennan which led me to deal with my mother and Sawyer being overly dramatic about the situation.

Naturally, I ignored them and went straight to my room.

I lied on my bed and just thought. I thought about her for five hours.

I thought about my life before her and how I was so cold and cruel, not giving a fuck about anyone.

I thought about my life with her, the way she helped me change for the better and the things I did different to prove my love for her.

And I thought about my life without her. I thought about what I was going to do now that she isn't here guiding me and I got lost.

I got lost in my thoughts.

Panic rose inside me and I started pacing back and forth.

I didn't realize that I was crying till I felt the tears on my cheek.

I lied on the floor and stayed like that, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Brennan didn't wake me up till 3:00 pm the next day.

That was the first time I didn't have the reoccurring nightmare.

Now it's Monday morning and I am forcing myself to go to class, not wanting to get behind in my degree plan.

"Good morning sunshine", declares Brennan as I make my way to him in the breakfast table.

I roll my eyes and grab an apple, "I need a ride".

His eyes go big, "You're going to school? Is it supposed to snow?".

This time I don't bother holding back and flip him off.

"Why?".

"My hand is broken stupid bitch, does that seem like a reasonable explanation?", I ask lifting my hand to show him.

"Okay, okay", he said, laughing as he gets up to clear off his plate. "Let's go, I have to get to the student union early".

I tossed the apple core in the trash can and followed him out the door.

The ride to campus consisted of Brennan asking stupid questions about the weather and about the Jonas Brothers reunion.

I swear if it weren't for Maya, I'd think he were gay.

"Thanks for the ride", I mutter as I get out of his ancient Ford Taurus as soon as he parks it.

I leave him and, being that we came a whole hour and a half early, I got to the dorms to kill time.

"Well look who decided to visit", greets Tristan when I knock on his door.

"Yeah, yeah shut the fuck up", I say letting myself in.

"Hey Calvin!", yells Diego almost falling from his bed to greet me.

I lift my head in acknowledgment, "Hey man".

There dorm room still looks messy but not nearly as much as before when we would all hang out here and take a hit from a blunt.

Tristan closes the door and lies back down on his bed stretching his arms over his head.

"What brings you back here? Finally remembered that you have friends?".