Chapter 2: Assassins?

The hooded man opened the door, which opened to a very large room. A room full of people. “Wha-?” I stopped, as everyone drew their attention to us. “Mentor. You’ve returned.” said a hooded woman. “Mentor?” I asked. The woman glanced over at me, then back at the hooded man. “The room in the back is available if you wish to talk to… her, in private.” The woman stated. The hooded man nodded and motioned for me to follow him. I did so, but while walking, I felt a slight uneasiness as I saw everyone staring at me… almost as I had just killed someone.

        The hooded man and I walked into a secluded room. It was very small, and only contained two chairs and a small table. We both down and I quickly asked, “Where am I?” “This is the heart of the Creed.” The hooded man explained simply. “Creed…?” I repeated slowly, still unsure of what he was talking about. “The Assassin’s Creed.” He stated. “Wait. You’re all assassins?!” I nearly shouted, bouncing up from my chair and darting towards the door. The door was locked. I turned back to the man. “I wouldn’t have brought you here, to just kill you. Sit back down.” The man said. I slowly made my way back to the chair and sat.

        “I’m Golden Eyes.” He said. I smirked. “Is something funny?” Golden Eyes asked. “That… that isn’t your real name… is it?” I held in my laughing. Swiftly and quicker than I thought possibly, the man pushed me against a wall and held a blade to my neck. My eyes stared into his. I realized why the called him Golden Eyes now. His eyes were a beautiful golden color. Must’ve just been a nickname then. “And what if it is?” Golden Eyes said darkly.

        I moved his hood down, with was probably the scariest things I’ve ever done. I mean, he’s an assassin! He could have tried to kill me just then! But he didn’t… just went back to his chair. I did the same, though, I kept an eye on the door, and any other ways of escape. “I am now your mentor-” I cut him off. “Eh hem? Mentor? I never signed up for anything!” I protested.

Golden Eyes carried on with his talking, “You will become an assassin and help us fight the Templars.” I was about to protest again when Golden Eyes said, “Do you really want to stop me again?” I crossed my arms and said, “Yes. I do. And again, I never signed up for any of this! No assassins! No templars! I am a thief!” I shouted.

        The room went silent. “Yes. You are a thief. A thief worthy to help the assassins.” Golden Eyes said. “Worthy? I… No. I’m a thief. I-” I was cut off by Golden Eyes. “I get that you are a thief. But most thieves have betrayed us. Finding out that the Templars have more money and riches than we do. They gave our information, and we have downgraded since then. I’ve been watching you. You fight for what you believe in, and have never been bought out by anybody!” Golden Eyes voice raised at the last sentence.

        “I’m sorry… But, I just can’t do that.” I said. Golden Eyes sighed, then said, “Please. We need someone who can help us once again.” Golden Eyes said. Silence filled the room. “Please.” Golden Eyes repeated. It seemed that he really needed to defeat these ‘so called’ Templars. “Fine.” I said unhappily. “Great. We’ll start your training soon. Let me go inform the others.” Golden Eyes said, leaving the room before I could say anything else. So much had happened in just one day. What have I gotten myself into?

(I hope you enjoyed this bit of my story. If you do or if you don't; remember to comment what you think/what I should change in the comments. Maybe consider following me? That'd be nice. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day. :D

                                                                                        -BlueBear2232)