Chapter 7 - The First Performances

Ava's POV

I felt my eyelashes flutter as a thin stream of golden light broke through my window, warming my face. I rolled over pulling the covers tighter around me, not willing myself to leave the warm bed. I hugged my sweater closer to my body, breathing in the strong scent of smoke and cologne that mingled with my perfume.

I smiled, remembering the frosty air and the warmth of Zayn's body sheltering mine as we lay beneath the stars - only the two of us alone in the silence of the world. I remember his strong arms around me, the soft touch of his lips to my head, and the warmth of his breath as his chest rose and fell.

I realized that he must have carried me to bed - presumably I fell asleep on the roof, as I was unable to recall walking down myself. Yawning, I stretched and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, before hopping out of bed and into the shower. I could see Kitana was still sound asleep, but looking at the clock and realizing I had woken 15 minutes early, I didn't wake her.

Once I had showered and dried my hair, I tied it up in a messy bun and slipped on a simple pair of black leggings, grey toms, and a white lace shirt, neglecting any make up as I was too lazy to apply it. I re-clasped the chain that hung with the guitar pic around my neck, and feeling somewhat satisfied with my appearance, made my way downstairs to get some breakfast with a giddy smile still plastered to me face.

Kitana's POV

I rolled over in my bed sleepily, and forced my eyes open to peek at the clock. Groggily, I tried to make out the digital numbers, only to realize the time and shoot right out of bed. Shit! I thought. Why didn't Ava wake me up?

Damn sleep. I now only had 15 minutes to get ready for the day, leaving me no time to shower. Sighing, I fishtailed my hair to the side to make it look like I had put some effort into it, and pulled on my dark wash skinny jeans, flats, and a white and navy aztec crochet tee. I brushed some mascara over my lashes a few times, but just natural and barely noticeable was how I liked it.

I grabbed my phone, a water bottle, and my guitar, and with seven minutes to spare I walked off to the kitchen to get some food.

Entering the room, I immediately was greeted by an overwhelming amount of noise. All of the contestants were frantically preparing for the day, making breakfast, singing their songs, or engaging in conversations with others.

I grabbed myself a piece of toast and an apple and searched the room for Ava, Simrit or any of the boys, and sure enough they weren't hard to find. Louis was jumping around waving a piece of what I presumed had been Niall's bacon in front of the blonde's face, while he angrily swatted at the air attempting to get it back. The rest of the gang sat there in laughter, and it could be heard throughout the room.

Making my way over to the table, I greeted everyone before taking a seat between Harry and Liam.

"Morning, love." Harry winked at me. I felt myself slightly blush but I just laughed and elbowed his arm in response.

"So, is everyone excited for today?" Liam asked. At that Lou dropped the bacon and through his hands in the air screaming, "Yes!" and Niall whooped in victory before stuffing his glory food in his mouth.

Everyone nodded in agreement, all looking forward to the upcoming events but all a bit nervous as well I would think; because I sure knew I was.

"Who's everyone's mentor?" Simrit questioned.

"Our's is Simon Cowell." Zayn grinned, and the boys all looked equally as excited about it.

"Mine is Nicole Scherzinger." Ava said, grinning.

"Mine is Sharon Osbourne." I added. I was really excited about working with her, she seemed really great and I was looking forward to all she could teach me.