Starting From The Bottom

March 28, 2017

Adelaide, AUS
Jake Blade walks out of the Riot City Wrestling Academy after his first night of training as a wrestler and says goodbye to a few of the guys and girls in his class. He notices his best friend, Eddie Smoke, hasn't come out yet so he decides to head back inside to find him.
"Hey, Jake! Over here!"
Jake turns to his left to see Eddie standing by the practise ring, having a conversation with some of the trainers. He walks over as Eddie finishes his conversation and turns his way.
"This wrestling training is harder than I expected, you know?" Eddie said holding his neck in pain.
"Yeah, dude. I really wasn't expecting to be going this hard in my first week." Jake responds holding his right knee. "Those drills aren't really great for my knees, man".

"Don't worry guys, you're both doing fine". Both men turn around to see one of their trainers, Rhea Ripley, walking towards them.
"Easy for you to say" Jake responds.
"Well it is now, I was here for 5 years before I caught my big break".
Oh yeah, congratulations on that by the way" Eddie interrupts quickly.
"Yeah, congrats Rhea".
"Thanks guys. But don't worry, you guys will be there soon." The guys look at each other. "You're both quite talented at this."
Eddie smiles while Jake let's out a little chuckle.
"Are you gonna be here tomorrow, Rhea?" Eddie continues.
"Unfortunately not, I have to fly out tomorrow afternoon."
Both men looked disgruntled at the fact their friend and trainer had to leave for WWE but both look up and smile at her, knowing that she's earned it and gets to live her dreams.
"Hey don't worry about it, Rhea." Jake says, breaking the silence. "We'll be seeing you over there very soon!"
"Exactly! So just keep up the hard work and will be partners again in no time!"
"Yeah, and maybe by then these chops won't hurt so bad." Eddie says rubbing the red hand marks on his chest from training.
All three start laughing as Rhea say her goodbyes and heads home. Jake and Eddie wave her off as she leaves the building.
"Dude, she's so cool" Jake says lowering his hand.
"I know dude, but you heard her. If we keep training, we'll end up in WWE with her in no time at all."
"Yeah, we just gotta keep our mind to it and we're golden."
"Exactly."